Spring 2020 Hauls!!

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
andersonh1

Re: Spring 2019 Hauls

Post by andersonh1 »

Bought volume 2 of the Bronze Age Batman Brave and the Bold omnibus, collecting issues #110-156 of that series. It's almost 800 pages of mainly Jim Aparo-drawn Batman from the 1970s, so pretty good material. The Brave and the Bold was the team-up series where Batman would appear with some other DC character every issue.

Supposedly volume 3, which had been solicited and would have run through issue 200 and finished the series, has been "postponed". There's been all sorts of griping on other boards in the past week about numerous Bronze Age omnibuses being delayed or cancelled since DC wants to try some other way of collecting that material. Bronze Age collections sell well apparently, and I think someone bean-counter at DC just figured more smaller volumes will make them more money than these large collections.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Star Wars The Black Series Padme (ep 2) - shockingly excellent figure. Decent likeness, good sculpting, very good poseability.

WFC:Siege Ironhide - decent take on Ironhide, a clever transformation, feels like a few wasted opportunities for tightening up alt mode, and there's way too many hollow pieces. Requires very mild modification to get leg panels to stop popping off (just work the friction joint holes with a small screwdriver to lightly bore them open, super easy). Recommend, but hardly perfection.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Walmart Devastator. I bit the bullet and just got one on ebay. I wanted a set of smaller Transformers that I could fiddle with at my Desk that all merged into a larger one and Devastator fits that perfectly. I did notice that the joints and connectors all seem to lock together better than I recall they did on the originals. It could just be because they're new, but I don't think so. Still, fun little set.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Takara collection Smokescreen. I now have US reissue Bluestreak, Diaclone Bluestreak, Prowl and Smokescreen. If I want to have a copy of every variation of the Datsun, I only need to get a Bluestreak with the black hood.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Shockwave wrote:Takara collection Smokescreen. I now have US reissue Bluestreak, Diaclone Bluestreak, Prowl and Smokescreen. If I want to have a copy of every variation of the Datsun, I only need to get a Bluestreak with the black hood.
Nice!
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

A nice G1 reissue haul today: Minibots Bumblebee, Gears and Swerve from a Wal Mart that's a bit off my usual stomping grounds, and a Metals Diecast Optimus Prime cab only, non transforming vehicle.
andersonh1

Re: Summer 2019 Hauls

Post by andersonh1 »

Golden Age Batman volume 7 arrived yesterday, containing the last three stories of 1949 and running through mid 1951.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Siege Smashdown, posted in that thread.

Bumblebee Voyager Optimus - really cool figure, all around nifty. Not perfect, the lower legs don't hold together that well, but overall really impressive.

A mountain of crap from Star Wars Galaxy's Edge
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

JediTricks wrote:A mountain of crap from Star Wars Galaxy's Edge
Custom built lightsaber?
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

After reading some 60s Spider Man, this DC fan is sampling some other 60s Marvel. I found a used copy of The Mighty Thor omnibus vol. 3, so it's now on my bookshelf. I hope it's good. What l browsed through and sampled seemed fun.