Spring 2020 Hauls!!

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: Fall 2019 Hauls

Post by JediTricks »

Black Series Mandalorian - fantastic figure, great additional joints, very little to complain about. Mine has super floppy hips though.

Black Series Second Sister - great figure as well, very moody, it's from the new game so it doesn't match SW Rebels but it's close enough for me, and it's got an interesting design of its own. Lots to like.

Black Series Luke Ceremony - pretty good, looks better than pictures around the eyes. Wish they had included extra arms so you could remove the jacket.

Black Series deluxe Heavy Mandalorian - very neat figure all around, huge backpack and gun that work well with the guy. Only drawback is the mid-torso joint seems to be on a stalk that twists when you use it.

Siege Ratchet - great figure, better than Ironhide, white and off-white paint not ideal but good enough for me. The new weapons and new tooling look awesome.

Power of the Primes Tailgate $6 at Ross - decent retool of Windcharger, works better as Tailgate really, still a flawed mold, though.

Power of the Primes Blackwing (Darkwing) $6 at Ross - what an unusual find! Since it's a limb-bot for $6, I bought him (they didn't have Dreadwind, oh well) and he's very interesting. This Air Raid retooling has loosened a lot of new parts and hinges, I don't know how this figure got approved with the budgetary requirements it needed to assemble all this new junk, but the end result is something different enough from its mold-mates that it deserves notice.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

JediTricks wrote:Siege Ratchet - great figure, better than Ironhide, white and off-white paint not ideal but good enough for me. The new weapons and new tooling look awesome.
I really want to get this. I was fiddling with Henkei Ratchet yesterday and that mold is a mess. It can't even lock together properly in alt mode and the head doesn't come up all the way in bot mode. Not pretty in either form. Ugh. So glad I swapped out Ironhide, I just need to figure a way to do that for Ratchet.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I got the Superman: Exile omnibus today, and I'm looking forward to revisiting these stories. This book picks up with the issues right after John Byrne left Superman, and the second and third issues in the book happen to be the first two I ever bought and read back when I first got into comics, so this will be a bit of nostalgia for me. I have a few of the original issues still, but most are long gone, so I haven't read them in years. Still, in flipping through the book, it's all very familiar, so I suspect I'll remember a lot while reading the book.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Marvel Legends Korg & Grandmaster - Target had a sale and a coupon, so I ordered them. Both figures are great, Korg is absolutely fantastic and the likeness on Grandmaster is spot on (I prefer this head to the SDCC figure's smiling look).
Shockwave wrote:I really want to get this. I was fiddling with Henkei Ratchet yesterday and that mold is a mess. It can't even lock together properly in alt mode and the head doesn't come up all the way in bot mode. Not pretty in either form. Ugh. So glad I swapped out Ironhide, I just need to figure a way to do that for Ratchet.
It's worth tracking down. That's exactly why I got this Ratchet, I had the Ironhide that Henkei is based on and that Ironhide is a total mess, so I had no main story Ratchet figures at all.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Checked Walgreen's for Ratchet, but no luck (which was expected). I went to Walmart last night and picked up siege Bluestreak. The only difference between this and Prowl (aside from color and lightbar) is the shoulder cannons. I might mold them to make more for the mold mates. But yeah, happy to replace Universe Prowl and Bluestreak. Those things have not aged well over time.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Got Ratchet. I haven't transformed him yet, but he's already WAY better than the Henkei version. Which I plan to sell asap. I also like the new weapons that came with him. Might mold a couple of them for an Ironhide set.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

SW: Solo TIE Fighter - found at Ross for $10, originally it sold for a ridiculous $40. It's a nice piece, great sculpting, only loses points for easily-fired laser cannons that are hidden missiles.

Siege Sideswipe - an interesting set of choices, but the wide back and a dearth of blast effect pegs keep it from being a home run. Also, the alt mode has a pair of holes in the back fenders that seem to make no sense except as weight savings.

SW: Vintage Collection Jabba's Palace playset - got half price from WM, using 2 vintage collection carded figures to bolster its value was an interesting choice but ultimately the playset is too small and simple to justify the original $50. Good sculpting and paint for the playset, both figures are rehashes without that vintage collection next-level look.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Very nice find today: Wal Mart reissue Soundwave and Buzzsaw on clearance for $30. Sure I already have the Japanese reissue Soundwave from 15 years ago, so did I want another reissue? Absolutely. :mrgreen:
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Winter 2019-2020 Hauls!!

Post by Shockwave »

Siege Impactor. I like this figure. It has an interesting transformation and is pretty decent representation of the character. I would have preferred something that looked a little more like the original UK comics character, but hey, this checks all the boxes and is better than not have an Impactor. All in all, I'm glad I got him.
andersonh1

Re: Winter 2019-2020 Hauls!!

Post by andersonh1 »

I enjoyed revisiting some late 80s Superman with the Exile omnibus, so I decided to revisit some 90s Batman with the first Knightfall Omnibus, which arrived today. The entire story has been collected in three volumes, so if this one looks good I will probably get the other two. I have a lot of the original floppies, but there are a few gaps in my collection, so it'll be nice to have it all, in order. Lots of Jim Aparo, Graham Nolan and Norm Breyfogle Batman art should be very good to revisit.