San Diego Comic Con Hasbro Panel

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
andersonh1

San Diego Comic Con Hasbro Panel

Post by andersonh1 »

Lots of information here, and I'm sure all the various Transformers sites will be discussing it.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/07/19/san- ... ore-368430

-Bumblebee movie will go with a mix of gimmick toys, including Energon Igniters with an Energon Cube, other gimmick toys like DJ Bumblebee and Power Charge Bumblebee.
-Bumblebee movie characters will also be in the Studio Series, kicking off with the Apache helicopter Dropkick (toy is not a triple changer, for information, but the on screen character may be).
-Generations War for Cybertron line kicks off with “Siege”, includes Battle Masters like Firedrive (Firebolt) and Lionizer (Trizer) who come with effect parts. Micromasters so far include Flak & Big Shot, Roadhandler & Swindler, and Red Heat & Stakeout, each pair combining into weapon modes. Deluxes include Sideswipe, Hound, Ironhide, and Chromia, the latter a retooled Moonracer. Cog (Fortress Maximus’ sidekick in Generation 1) is also in the works, and can transform into weapons for other toys to wield. Voyager -Optimus Prime was also shown and billed as highly poseable. Leader class Ultra Magnus shown, who includes a white Prime with clip-on armor and Robots in Disguise 2001 inspired car carrier alternate mode.
-Cyberverse show was shown, which has a stylistic and minimalist look. It was suggested that 90 bots may appear in the show’s first season (we’re guessing most will be cameos).
-Generation 1 reissues (that we already knew about) coming (back) to Wal-Mart
-Other store exclusives include Target exclusive Titans Return Soundwave
-Hall of Fame inductees are Blackarachnia (fan vote character), Battletrap (fan vote toy of 2018), and John Barber (creator inductee).

I"m excited about the G1 reissues. And in original packaging? Count me in.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: San Diego Comic Con Hasbro Panel

Post by Sparky Prime »

Some of the other War For Cybertron: Siege figures look decent. Little bit more Cybertronian looking than Optimus and Sideswipe at least. Still not all that impressed with that line though, unfortunately. Not all that impressed with the Bumblebee movie toys either. The transforming VW Bumblebee looks great in vehicle mode, but robot looks to me like they've just adapted the Camaro mold designs.

Nice to see Blackarachnia won the fan vote this year. Once again showing just how popular that Beast Wars is with the fans, that Hasbro just seems to ignore.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Re: San Diego Comic Con Hasbro Panel

Post by Dominic »

-Bumblebee movie will go with a mix of gimmick toys, including Energon Igniters with an Energon Cube, other gimmick toys like DJ Bumblebee and Power Charge Bumblebee.
That sounds like an easy skip, even if I like the movie (which is unlikely). Some of the Studio Series toys make me wish that I liked the movies more. But, the general movie toys are easy to skip. (I hope the kids like them and all, but...)

-Generations War for Cybertron line kicks off with “Siege”....
I dunno. Maybe. None of the characters really grab my interest. (I get the feeling that my interest in TF is going to rely on IDW next year.)

-Hall of Fame inductees are Blackarachnia (fan vote character), Battletrap (fan vote toy of 2018), and John Barber (creator inductee).
Why the hell is Battletrap (a damned good toy) in the Hall of Fame? (I am thinking that Hall of Fame has run its course.) And, the writer in the Hall of Fame is the current writer...who is arguably the most generic writer to have worked on the franchise.

I am not leaving the hobby, the hobby is leaving me.