Ten years of TFViews

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
andersonh1

Ten years of TFViews

Post by andersonh1 »

Almost, anyway. It was Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:17 pm when JediTricks posted what I'm assuming is the first post here.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1

There aren't too many of us still posting regularly, but I've been browsing some old threads lately, and we had some good lively discussions on a bunch of Transformers (and non TF) related topics. It's been interesting to go back and re-read some things and to realize just how long ago some of those discussions took place!! :shock:
andersonh1

Re: Ten years of TFViews

Post by andersonh1 »

Our most active members... I wonder where some of these guys went? I still see Dom on Facebook sometimes. It's mainly me, Sparky Prime, Shockwave and JediTricks that still post fairly regularly. BWProwl and Onslaught Six were still around late last year.

Dominic
Onslaught Six
BWProwl
138 Scourge
Gomess
Tigermegatron
Onslaught86
Mako Crab
Almighty Unicron
Ursus Mellifera
donosaur
CrossRook
SynjoDeonecros
Misanthrope Prime
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Yeah, most of my interaction with the other users on here is usually on Facebook. I routinely see posts from Dom, Scourge, BW Prowl and O6 and you as well Anderson. I was actually thinking about starting a new thread regarding "The state of the franchise" to discuss current trends and things that good and bad about current TF output.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Wow, has it really been 10 years already? I still remember getting a message from Gomess on TFW2005 telling me about this site following BWTF shutting down to be refurbished. Those forums never really recovered I noticed once it came back. Interestingly, I see there is a message there saying most of their conversations takes place on Facebook now as well...
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I remember trying to view the old BWTF forums in summer of '08. Nothing came up. I emailed Onslaught86, JT and maybe Scourge. At the time, I did not understand how the internet, particularly servers, worked. Because of his location (in the Pacific Rim), 86 was still able to view the forums. (The intermediary servers had not changed over to the "new" status of there not being a BWTF.)

He spent a few hours copying names and contact information of members. That list became a series of emails, which eventually became the core membership of this forums.

My own interest in the franchise has declined since summer of 2008. But, in the last few months, it has raised above where it was 2 years ago.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Dang, 10 years, that's insanity. Thanks for highlighting, sorry I've been away so much lately.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?