Star Wars - General Discussion Thread

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Re: Star Wars - General Discussion Thread

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Shockwave wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:51 am Bib Fortuna really let himself go. So did Boba Fett for that matter. I wonder if there's an unwritten rule somewhere that mandates who ever sits on Jabba's throne needs to be fat.
Maybe the throne itself is cursed, and causes obesity in the user?
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Ursus mellifera wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:35 am
Shockwave wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:51 am Bib Fortuna really let himself go. So did Boba Fett for that matter. I wonder if there's an unwritten rule somewhere that mandates who ever sits on Jabba's throne needs to be fat.
Maybe the throne itself is cursed, and causes obesity in the user?
:lol:

But that wouldn't explain why Boba Fett was fat before he sat on it. Although I really like that idea. Like the Force Ghost of Jabba is somehow making everyone who takes his throne fat lol.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Shockwave wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:41 pm But that wouldn't explain why Boba Fett was fat before he sat on it. Although I really like that idea. Like the Force Ghost of Jabba is somehow making everyone who takes his throne fat lol.
Boba will be smoking hookas and enslaving Twi'leks in no time.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Ursus mellifera wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:40 am
Shockwave wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:41 pm But that wouldn't explain why Boba Fett was fat before he sat on it. Although I really like that idea. Like the Force Ghost of Jabba is somehow making everyone who takes his throne fat lol.
He was flirting with the ladies in the updated Return of the Jedi...
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

andersonh1 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:11 am
Ursus mellifera wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:40 am
He was flirting with the ladies in the updated Return of the Jedi...
The throne's power is so great that even the slightest proximity to it is enough to begin the process! TRULY IT IS WITHOUT EQUAL.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

I've had The Mandalorian theme stuck in my head ever since the finale. It's truly amazing we finally have something Disney Star Wars that really feels like it both gets Star Wars and is able to go somewhere new.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

JediTricks wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:37 am I've had The Mandalorian theme stuck in my head ever since the finale. It's truly amazing we finally have something Disney Star Wars that really feels like it both gets Star Wars and is able to go somewhere new.
It's a great song!
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

The Bad Batch trailer is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mHl2LKmxuk

It's more from the same people who produced the Clone Wars, so odds are that it will be pretty good. The story arc from CW with this group was okay, if not my favorite, so I'm looking forward to the series.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

I remember back in '15 when there was no hope of a CW 7th season, Filoni showed off the details on the Bad Batch, I think even some incomplete animation with voice work, and it seemed cool but kinda silly. Now that it's here, it seems... kinda silly, but I'll give it a shot because it has an interesting realm it's working within, the timeframe and the specific situation these troopers are in.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I really enjoyed the first Bad Batch episode. I guess I'll post a few spoilers.
Spoiler
- Good to see Caleb Dune/Kanan Jarrus as a Padawan, and we get to witness his master killed and his escape during order 66
- clips of Palpatine speaking are taken direction from episode 3, on several occasions
- a few cameos of familiar characters on Kamino are appreciated
- I did not expect Crosshairs to become an adversary and end up on the side of the Empire
- I've never cared about Saw Garerra, but he's a logical character to include in the story
- The episode opens with a red Clone Wars logo that melts into the Bad Batch, as if the characters and animation style don't clue the viewer in that this is a continuation of that series with different lead characters.
- Tarkin is pretty looking older than when we last saw him
- I like seeing the early days of the Empire finally depicted on screen. There's lots of potential here.
- surprising to see Nala-Se helping unit 99 escape Kamino, though the fact that Omega, her medical assistant (supposedly) is an enhanced clone probably has a lot to do with it. The Kaminoans don't trust the Empire yet, particularly since the first thing Tarkin does is void all contracts for clone troopers.