SUMMER hauls 2018

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: SUMMER hauls 2018

Post by JediTricks »

Hey gang! I've been busy with "life" :p but I do have a few new things

- 6" Gamorrean Guard - pretty decent, they figured out how to use hollow parts without compromising structure, so he's big but not too heavy to ship, since Hasbro is queen of the cheapskates. Good paint and sculpting, lucky Target-exclusive find.

- Nemesis Prime Evolutions - got some birthday money and some Amazon points, so I figured "why not?" and got it. A decent set, the black color hides the weirder design choices (there are plenty), and it makes for a fairly satisfying bot. Giza the transforming bird-sword is a neat addition as well, I can picture someone KO'ing it in die cast. $50 for an Amazon Exclusive, and it holds up.

- Novastar - I passed on Moonracer, this deco looked more interesting. Hasbro left off a paint app that makes it a little more confusing (the midsection windows are clear while the front are silver), and this mold is a bit on the bland side for alt mode and transformation. There's more backpack than torso, which is lazy. Leg mode transformation is a touch unstable. Head design and paint is surprisingly good.

- Repugnus w/ Dastard - lotta Amazon exclusives this summer. He's a really fun toy, lotta silly stuff because he's a monsterbot. The monster mode arms don't have much range of motion due to a design change from the prototype, but otherwise it's nifty all around.

- Blast Off w/ some prime master who even cares - the US repaint of this Japanese combiner-wars-era mold is here, and it's... fine, I guess? It's finally a shuttle, but the arms have to face the wrong way in alt mode because the US version goes with the cartoon-accurate chest instead of the shuttle nose, which means it's facing the other way. You can swap the arms, the shoulders, the lower arms, whatever to make it work to your liking. It's unclear why this wasn't released in the US in the first place.

- Combiner Wars Onslaught - well, with Blast Off, I had most of the Combaticons so I picked up the leader and slapped them all on him. I'm using the US Blast Off in place of Vortex, as I passed on the original and now it's expensive.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Walmart exclusive G1 reissues Starscream and Hot Rod. Managed to get these online, got 2 Starscreams and 3 Hot Rods, so if anyone wants them for cost, let me know. There are some differences between the originals and these, but it's still good to be able to get a copy of these.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I am interested in the Constructicons. But, not going to make myself crazy to find them.

The Prime Master that ships with Blast-off is Megatronus. It does not even have a place on the Blast-off figure. (Honey Bear sold me his Megatronus for $3.) It actually looks better than the general-release Megatronus, so it is the copy I use for display.

Most of my recent hauls have been various TF, Mega Man and Iron Man custom figures.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Dominic wrote:I am interested in the Constructicons. But, not going to make myself crazy to find them.

The Prime Master that ships with Blast-off is Megatronus. It does not even have a place on the Blast-off figure. (Honey Bear sold me his Megatronus for $3.) It actually looks better than the general-release Megatronus, so it is the copy I use for display.

Most of my recent hauls have been various TF, Mega Man and Iron Man custom figures.
In store, they're exclusive to Canada. They can be purchased here only through walmart.com and good luck finding them on there. I still have to check for them through the links on the IGN article, which was more than a little misleading about this reissue. They failed to mention that it was only in Canada and the several other differences between these and the originals.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Not a haul per se, but I really enjoyed seeing the 1986 Transformers movie on the big screen, and I enjoyed taking both daughters with me. They both had a good time. The theater wasn't full, but there were enough attendees to fill it out pretty well. For one of these "one night events" that Fathom puts on, it wasn't a bad turnout. Saw a few new visual details in a movie that I've seen many, many times, but otherwise it was just nice to watch it with an audience and enjoy the movie experience.

I guess there was one haul... all three of us got a movie poster with Optimus and Rodmus. Cool.
JediTricks wrote:Hey gang! I've been busy with "life" :p but I do have a few new things
Good to see you. Don't be a stranger!