June Hauls!

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
andersonh1

Re: June Hauls!

Post by andersonh1 »

Today's haul: Combiner Wars Breakdown, with his properly spelled name and everything. Great update of the original. Me being the slow collector that I am, I now have two Stunticon limbs and two Aerialbot limbs. I'm thinking Motormaster will have to be the next purchase, so at least I'll have the components for one Combiner. :D
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

And.... decided to spring for it and bought Motormaster today. The $25 price tag is a little steep, but on the other hand he's a fairly hefty figure. 3/5 of the Stunticons are now mine, and if I only end up with one complete set from Combiner Wars, I'd have chosen the Stunticons.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Hmm, I wonder who could have suggested that with his fabulous reviews? ;)

Hauls -

CW First Aid - very likable overall, backpack is a bit big.

CW Rook - interesting but not sure how I feel about this figure, made worse by nearly every joint being stupidly loose.

Star Wars 6" Luke Stormtrooper - awful, they gave him black pins in his knees, they tried to reuse too many parts and ended up with a short torso with disturbingly long legs and a fat chest, tons of flash that had to be cut off, armor isn't as shiny as previous entries
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Got my stuff from my former employer today and with it was MP-10. So far I'm actually pretty happy with it. And, best of all, Leader Megatron is actually the same size, head and all. So they actually compliment each other perfectly. I can now get rid of all other Primes and Megatrons. Except legends. I'm keeping those.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Yeah! Until there's newer ones.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Onslaught Six wrote:Yeah! Until there's newer ones.
True. But I'm confident that it will be a while before they one up this one. Mine came with the extra Vector Sigma and it's pretty cool. Vector Sigma itself is just a plastic ball but the key is straight up die cast metal with gold chrome. And Optimus can hold it and everything. Spike is even pretty good, sporting six points of articulation which is pretty good for such a small figure. I'll write up a proper review... somewhere later, but yeah, this is easily the best Prime you can get right now. And I even got it for a decent price. 166 after shipping, which is only about $30 more than it would have been after taxes if I'd been able to find out at Toys R Us. So yeah, pretty happy camper on this one.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

Shock,

If you ever want to strip on the internet for money, let me know, I know a guy who can set that up for you.

Sincerely,

Almighty Unicron
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Almighty Unicron wrote:Shock,

If you ever want to strip on the internet for money, let me know, I know a guy who can set that up for you.

Sincerely,

Almighty Unicron
Maybe if it's classy like that Jeff Goldblum sigpic you have :)
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Today's buy: Combiner Wars Dead End. Four out of five Stunticons are now mine (or five out of six I guess, given that we'll get a version of Wildrider at some point). I remain impressed by how good the set looks and what a great update it is. I always preferred the variety of the Stunticons over the similarity of the Aerialbots, and that preference has carried over to these new versions.