June Hauls!

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

June Hauls!

Post by 138 Scourge »

June's a slow month so far, huh?

A little earlier this week a got a hold of Off-road, Breakdown, and Dead End. I like them, especially Off-road.

Still don't have Motormaster but I can combine the whole gang with Prime which is sort of close.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: June Hauls!

Post by JediTricks »

Glad to hear others like Offroad, DvD gave him a blisteringly bad review. Good selection of figures, they should look nice with Optimus... ironic since all 3 are going to be redone to be characters that work with him.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Nobody else has gotten anything in 9 days? Jeez. There's the Steam summer sale going on too.

Anyway, I got Ultra Magnus from Amazon earlier this week. As the IDW character, this hits the mark. As a general figure, it's a little more challenging to say one way or the other.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

JediTricks wrote:Nobody else has gotten anything in 9 days? Jeez. There's the Steam summer sale going on too.
I have been slacking on posting my stuff, mostly because it has almost entirely been GI Joe crap that nobody cares about. (Anyone else care about me gushing over 2003 KB Toys exclusive vehicles? No? Exactly.) But here's one I'm sure everyone can appreciate:

EDIT: fixed image

It was my birthday on the 9th and my Magnus preorder came in like the day after that, and a week later and it all got here! I haven't opened the Protectobots (you will notice a distinct absence of Hot Spot, hence my saving them for later) but I did open everything else except Waspinator, who was nine bucks and is a rainy day/depression toy.

I'll post some brief-ish thoughts in the review threads.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Nice haul! And Happy Birthday!

Speaking of that steam sale, I picked up Fallout New Vegas and Grim Fandango Remastered. The latter I've heard so many good things about, but holy shit does the gameplay suck ass, I didn't realize Tim Schafer felt that there should be no gameplay in a point and click. For this game, it's either try everything (lucky since there's virtually nothing to actually try) or read online because the solution is going to be utter nonsense. At least the story and aesthetic are engaging.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Happy Birthday O6!

I haven't posted anything because I lost my job on Friday, so I haven't bought anything. I had already bought MP-10 reissue from BBTS, but that got lost somewhere in the building of my now former employer. So, I need to contact BBTS and ask them what to do about that.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

I'm really sorry to hear that, Shock, best of luck with your MP-10. I would think the delivery company needs to track it down and be responsible.

While shopping with my mom yesterday, I came across a Tervis 16-ounce Star Wars "style A" Tom Jung poster art tumbler at Bed Bath & Beyond on clearance for $9 and then 20% off on top of that, so it was $7.19 for an insulated Star Wars tumbler made in America that they were still selling on the regular racks for $18. And then they had the sipper top on double clearance down to $1.59 from $4, I got green as the only other choice was orange... they had a lot of orange. My gal's family is way into Tervis tumblers, that's what got them on my radar.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Shockwave wrote:I haven't posted anything because I lost my job on Friday, so I haven't bought anything. I had already bought MP-10 reissue from BBTS, but that got lost somewhere in the building of my now former employer. So, I need to contact BBTS and ask them what to do about that.
Sorry to hear about your job. Same thing happened to me back in March, and thankfully I was able to find a new job fairly quickly. Hopefully you will too.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Thanks guys. There's actually still a chance that I could get my job back and the Union is helping me so here's hoping. But I am looking in the meantime, just in case. Also, it turns out my MP-10 is there and they are supposedly going to ship it to me. I am trying to arrange to go pick it up though.