November Hauls

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: November Hauls

Post by Onslaught Six »

Found out my morning class was cancelled, so I hopped over to Ollie's to kill some time before sitting in the library for hours. Found...repackaged Cybertron basics. Yay! Picked up Brakedown because I don't own him already and also because he was only five bucks. He's a fiddly little basic, and I definitely get a Rattrap vibe from him, which is why the remould as Botcon Rattrap worked as decently as it did. Don't go out of your way to hunt this guy at this point, though--he's a decently fun Basic, but his gimmick is shitty and he's a toy that's like three years old by now. There's nothing here you won't find in any other Basic.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Brakedown is a reasonbly good basic. It rolls very well, has an interesting bio (or the Cybertron version did anyway), and has a good solid color scheme. The key gimmick isn't the best, but it's reasonable.
Dominic wrote:I have heard that "Indiana Jones" is not doing well. Sorry Mirage.
I might have been tempted to buy a few, but the likenesses are terrible, even for 3" figures. That's what put me off.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Mirage wrote:Scored the entire wave of Temple of Doom figures at a Dillons Marketplace (Kroger family food-chain) last night. All have awesome sculpts, probably the best in the series. Be a shame if this is it for the line. :(
Me = Jealous

Dominic wrote:I have heard that "Indiana Jones" is not doing well. Sorry Mirage.
-Matt Trakker
If by "not doing well" you mean "canceled", then yes.

Oh man, I forgot about that Matt Trakker figure, I must have one. Check this out, someone bought a transforming vehicle from Ben 10 and he fits in it! http://www.joecustoms.com/forums/viewto ... 10&t=10209 I must have this too!

Brakedown is one of my favorite basics, the figure is a nifty vehicle and makes for a decent bot, and it has Gundam styling.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Went to Wal-Mart too late apparently, as they were flooded with Bluestreak, but had no Sideswipes or Ironhides. Darn. Aw well, snapped up Bluestreak anyway, since the color scheme alone is at least worth $7.77. Also picked up GI Joe Combat Heroes Cobra Commander vs. Roadblock, since there's no way I was passing on a tiny, adorable Commander to put alongside all the other CCs I've accumulated. Roadblock's just chilling with Marvel Super Hero Squad Puma. Also spotted Universe Stormcloud, who looks really nice, but not $25-and-I-already-have-Powerglide worth of nice.

-BW "Running out of table space" prowl
Mirage
Gestalt Combiner

Post by Mirage »

andersonh1 wrote:I might have been tempted to buy a few, but the likenesses are terrible, even for 3" figures. That's what put me off.
The first two wave were admittedly hit or miss, but the Last Crusade wave hit it out of the park, and the Temple figures are just as good if not better. Mola Ram is arguably the best figure in the line, with his kickass sculpt, removable headdress, fabric sash... thing, and he can hold not only the flaming heart, but the half-rotted skull he uses to pour the stuff into Indy's mouth. It's horrifyingly awesome!
I disappear.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Brakedown is one of my favorite basics, the figure is a nifty vehicle and makes for a decent bot, and it has Gundam styling.
Heh, I remember the debates we had throughout Cybertron.. I ended up with both Brakedown and Autolander, but never really cared for that one. The base design was cool, and I like the vehicle mode, but the front end felt cheap, the gimmick thoroughly sucks, and the robot has gimpy limbs. Hardly the worst of Cybertron's Basics, just not one I'd consider among the best.
I've gotten all nostalgic for Basics recently, since I picked up Superlink Magma Dinobot and Forest Chromehorn, repaints of Cruellock and Insecticon that Hasbro didn't release. Basics were among my favourite sizes for TFs, since they were nifty and self-contained and, should they be iffy, it's only a Basic. Real Gear and Activators are cool and all, I still miss proper Basics.

I want that Matt Trakker figure too, shame Joe's not released here.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Snagged TFU Silverbolt. Very nice.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

FYE was having some kind of crazyass anime DVD sale. Buy one, get one half price. So I picked up...

-Ghost In The Shell, the movie. $10. Not bad at all. I've seen it before, of course, but actually owning it is uber-cool.
-Blood: The Last Vampire, priced at $10, got it for $5. I have 'not' seen this, but I've seen Blood+, the resulting anime, so it'll be cool to see where it began.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Prime_Wreck
Deluxe

Post by Prime_Wreck »

Jericho: Complete second season

TFA: Ultra Magnus I remeber saying that Leader Megs was well woth 40 bucks, but Magnus blows him out of the water completely. Highly recommended to all who collect animated and even those who don't would probably like him as well.
"Supersizing your Value Meal is the right of all sentient beings"

138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Lessee...lately, I got a new apartment. Rock for that! Of course, I haven't been able to get internet access for it, and my computer's broken anyhow, so booooo!

Also, Titanium Grimlock. He's awesome. Not perfect, but awesome.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.