November Hauls

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

November Hauls

Post by Dominic »

GI Joe 25A Televiper (w/flight pod) v/s Breaker (w/motorcycle).

Dom
-has not started a haul thread in a long time.
andersonh1

Re: November Hauls

Post by andersonh1 »

I picked up Transformers Animated season one on DVD last night. I'm not fond of the designs, or the too small cast of characters, but I enjoyed the writing and characterization of the first three episodes when I took a chance on the DVD, so I thought I'd try more of the series.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

The amount of stuff I've gotten since the last time I posted is pretty heavy since it's been nearly a month again, so I'll limit it to major stuff...

Sideshow 12" Gandalf the Grey - pricey, but an excellent version of the character. Extremely recognizable, nearly perfect likeness. Great costume elements. Only complaint of note is the loose joints at the ankle and wrist swivels.

Marvel TF Human Torch - I got on sale from HTS. Decent in both modes but could use more detail and more focus on being a transformer. Still, very nifty transformation, once again the Marvel team has really done clever stuff with TF, wish the SW team were as clever on theirs.

Star Wars Cade Skywalker/Darth Talon 2pack - first one had the sabers, but Cade's hand snapped off. Replacement I found at Target had no sabers but figure worked, so I swapped out and returned the excess to Target for my $14 after tax back. Cade is pretty cool, cartoony eyes are a bit much but generally decent figure, lots of articulation, gun is oversized but nifty, it's a good figure. Darth Talon isn't bad for what it's supposed to be, they didn't over-boobage her but the design at the hips is a tad odd, and there's no elbow articulation, and head paint is not as tight as it should be since it's all tats. Comic was interesting, better than issues 0 and 1 (sorry Dom).

SW Imperial Knights 2pack - cloth aspects are ok, hoods don't work great but the rest is acceptable. Outfit color is too dark, but does have some sheen. Heads are very accurate, I guess it's easy to put more budget there since the bodies are identical molds. Clear sabers are ok, but I would have liked to see hilts that can attach to the belts. Another decent set, and issue 6 of Legacy here wasn't too bad either, I fear I might be liking this series.

new Catalytic Converter for my car, registration - old one was put on cheaply and used apparently, as it melted down and blew its guts into the muffler.

TF:U Sideswipe - better in many ways than Sunstreaker, these 2 go very well together, I love the alternate transformation. Head is not quite as good as it should be, but generally a solid entry.

Indiana Jones dlx Mutt on Motorcycle - sad to say, this is a very good set. Mutt's head is kind of deformed, like the plastic cooled wrong and warped the forehead and jaw, but it still works, although the sunglasses are lame. Wide crotch but otherwise a very good biker type figure. Bike itself is quite nice, very accurate except for the top of the triple trees which they stretched a bit. Rubber tires, working kickstand, leathery-looking saddle bags, working steering, should go great for my Star Wars biker figures. ;)

TF Titanium Series Prowl - Although unusual and suffering many of the issues which held this line back from total greatness (simplistic transformation, robot fists still out in alt mode, odd joints), I can't help but dig both modes and the transformation, this is a nifty set. Paint comes off kinda easy, and alt mode can be a bit floppy, but overall I dig it.

The Dark Knight Batpod - Good enough, I guess. For the price, it's decent, detail could be a little more accurate in the sculpt but deco and execution of tires and such are decent. Biggest problem is that it's overscaled compared to its Movie Master figures, it's too darn big.

From last month...
onslaught86 wrote:Hate me, JT, for I bought the 12" Talking Indiana Jones. It was clearanced to half price, and I could not resist the strength of the clips used. Rubber face is weird and the likeness is poor, the body they used is terrible too. Still, the outfit and accessories are amazing for the RRP. That, and as TF is the only line I'm serious about collecting, my forays into other lines are too low-priority to shell out for a high-end Indy.
Ugh, even at half price, that's $12 of disappointment I suspect... wait, what's half price on that thing down where you are? I must admit, I'm a little numb after having paid $110 with shipping for my 12" Sideshow Gandalf the Grey figure, knowing that Sideshow's 12" Indy is the same price, but it looks so good, it will be my ultimate Indy figure.

Skywarp17 wrote:Universe 2.0 Onslaught, bought off a friend. Though he forgot to bring the shield. Pretty nice, but the spring on his arm cannon isn't that tight, and it tends to flop around.
Plus the cages in his legs have some trouble locking into place. Anyone else have this problem?
I don't have a floppy gun on the arm, but the cages are troublesome on mine as well, it's like once I get it locked in it barely stays, it stays out of sheer will alone.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Blue Seed Complete Collection- Sold my old set a while back, and finally picked this one up as I'd been intending too (it's got the OVA, y'see). Not much to say about it otherwise, besides the fact that the packaging design is really trying to de-emphasize how old this show is. Oh, plus since the discs no longer have individual titles, there's no more of the hilarity that was Disc 2 being known as 'DECENT ITNO TERROR'. Aw...

Black Lagoon 2nd Barrage Vol. 3- Now I just need to YouTube the last two episodes of the first season so I can get around to watching this thing.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

"Legacy" is a terrible comic. Plain and simple. No need to apologize, unless you are sorry for liking it. (And, you shoudl be.)

My haul:
-many comics from Boston Comicon. Marvel 2099 and some indies. Wheeee! Expect reviews over the next few weeks.

-TF Movie Jolt and Divebomb.

-GI Joe MASS Device pace.

Dom
-is set for reviews until 2009 at least.
Prime_Wreck
Deluxe

Post by Prime_Wreck »

Movie Ratchet

Battlestar Galactica: Helo and Cylon Centurion
"Supersizing your Value Meal is the right of all sentient beings"

Mirage
Gestalt Combiner

Post by Mirage »

Scored the entire wave of Temple of Doom figures at a Dillons Marketplace (Kroger family food-chain) last night. All have awesome sculpts, probably the best in the series. Be a shame if this is it for the line. :(
I disappear.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I have heard that "Indiana Jones" is not doing well. Sorry Mirage.

-Flint in Cobra uniform (likely for customs)
-Matt Trakker
-Spirit (for customizing)
-Hawk (x2, one for customizing)

-TFU Silverstreak
-yet another Acidstorm

Dom
-way behind in reviews....
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

- Animated Activators Prime
- TFCC Nightbeat
- TFCC Seacons

Whee, stuff! I do rather dig Nightbeat, he's tres nifteh. The comic he comes with is surprisingly a very good read. Dom, I'm surprised you've not gone for him for this alone,
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I think it is being distributed through Diamond, so I can get a copy in a few months.

How is the actual toy? (Even if the comic is good, I will skip the toy unless it is good.)

Dom
-buying kit-bash fodder like a mofo.