Hasbro 2015 Fan-Built Combiner Poll

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: Hasbro 2015 Fan-Built Combiner Poll

Post by JediTricks »

138 Scourge wrote:
JediTricks wrote:The sequel to Combiner Wars will be Combiner Hunters?
A toylines and comic celebrating every friggin' trip to Target or Wal-Mart I've made this year!
HIYO! Well played.
Almighty Unicron wrote:If I bothered to vote I'd probably have voted for fembots. I mean, why not? We have plenty of male characters, plus, if we vote for fembots we're more likely to get new characters since there are so few of them already (as cool as a combiner made up of, say, Flamewar, Elita-One and Blackarachnia may be)
I dunno, it feels like pandering to just be all the time now, and also they're male molds so it won't look as good, but it's not the worst thing. I think I voted female on what became Windblade.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I still wonder just how much the fan input actually gets implemented. I mean, if the vote for a 20th anniversary figure (the first time I can remember that fan input was solicited) had been for someone other than Optimus Prime, do we really think Hasbro would have gone with another character? It may be cynical of me, but I tend to think Hasbro already knows what they plan to do, and fan input probably doesn't factor in as much as it's made to look like it does. It's mainly marketing on Hasbro's part.

I have no proof of that whatsoever. It's just my suspicion.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

andersonh1 wrote:I still wonder just how much the fan input actually gets implemented. I mean, if the vote for a 20th anniversary figure (the first time I can remember that fan input was solicited) had been for someone other than Optimus Prime, do we really think Hasbro would have gone with another character? It may be cynical of me, but I tend to think Hasbro already knows what they plan to do, and fan input probably doesn't factor in as much as it's made to look like it does. It's mainly marketing on Hasbro's part.

I have no proof of that whatsoever. It's just my suspicion.
They did with Windblade though. And then there's the HoF as well, so I would say Hasbro has a history of listening to the fanbase via these polls.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I think a big bunch of that is Hasbro "soft-rigging" the polls sometimes. Imagine you're offered the choice of a hamburger or pizza, but the third choice is a hamburger AND pizza. Which are you going to choose? Exactly.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Onslaught Six wrote:I think a big bunch of that is Hasbro "soft-rigging" the polls sometimes. Imagine you're offered the choice of a hamburger or pizza, but the third choice is a hamburger AND pizza. Which are you going to choose? Exactly.
Yeah, like most polls, the wording and choices are done in such a way as to produce a certain result.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

Onslaught Six wrote:I think a big bunch of that is Hasbro "soft-rigging" the polls sometimes. Imagine you're offered the choice of a hamburger or pizza, but the third choice is a hamburger AND pizza. Which are you going to choose? Exactly.
Pizzaburgers are disgusting and an abomination to their constituent parts.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I disagree, they are a two in one miracle of modern technology.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Almighty Unicron wrote:
Pizzaburgers are disgusting and an abomination to their constituent parts.
I was thinking it would be more like, a hamburger and a slice of pizza. Put another way, you can have a Transformer or a GI Joe...or you can have a Transformer that comes with a GI Joe. (If you pick that option, you got Energon Kicker. The US version. So.)

What's your position on taco burgers? Try making that shit sometime, it's good.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

IDW reveals Victorion in a USA Today article, in a preview for the upcoming Combiner Hunters one-shot issue. The winning torso will be a Hot Spot remold. Can only see three of the limbs in the preview art but in the interview itself they mention the other components are "two race cars, a pair of helicopters, a motorcycle". Meaning a pair of the Alpha Bravo mold for arms, a pair of Breakdown molds for legs and Groove for the chest. Although much like Defensor in the Combiner Wars comic, the artist seems to have forgotten to draw the motorcycle attached to the chest.

Have to say, I'm disappointed to see the limbs will just be two molds. As I recall, during voting they only asked about two limbs. But I was hoping that they would have picked two other molds based on what won the vote or something in order to make this combiner a bit more diverse with the molds they used to form it.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

There's nothing saying the legs can't be Brakedown and Dead End, or Dragstrip and Brakedown, or something. Weird about the two helicopters though.