Hasbro 2015 Fan-Built Combiner Poll

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: Hasbro 2015 Fan-Built Combiner Poll

Post by Sparky Prime »

Onslaught Six wrote:There's nothing saying the legs can't be Brakedown and Dead End, or Dragstrip and Brakedown, or something. Weird about the two helicopters though.
Except the article specifically says "two race cars", not a race car and a sports car or a drag racer and in the poll, Dead End was a 'sports car', Dragstrip was a 'drag racer' and Breakdown was the 'race car'. Also, considering the poll only asked about one other limb, which obviously was the helicopter mold that won which we now see they've simply doubled... There's no reason to believe it wont be two Breakdown's.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Sparky Prime wrote:
Onslaught Six wrote:There's nothing saying the legs can't be Brakedown and Dead End, or Dragstrip and Brakedown, or something. Weird about the two helicopters though.
Except the article specifically says "two race cars", not a race car and a sports car or a drag racer and in the poll, Dead End was a 'sports car', Dragstrip was a 'drag racer' and Breakdown was the 'race car'. Also, considering the poll only asked about one other limb, which obviously was the helicopter mold that won which we now see they've simply doubled... There's no reason to believe it wont be two Breakdown's.
You are putting way more distinction into vehicles than I do. But then again, despite owning literally 200+ robots that turn into them, I am still somehow not a "car guy." If it's got four wheels and an engine, I call it a car. If it's got stripes and goes fast, it's a race car. If it's whatever Drag Strip is, I call it "one of those race cars Mirage turns into."

For reference, I still don't know what the proper names for half the Constructicons' vehicle modes are. Scrapper turns into a, y'know. A Scrapperfing. A fing that Scrapper is. Scrapperfing.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Onslaught Six wrote:You are putting way more distinction into vehicles than I do.
Actually, I'm just going off of what Hasbro called them in the poll as they made that distinction. Personally, I don't see how Breakdown is a 'race car', other than his windshield saying "15RACING" on it. Otherwise, I'd normally just call both him and DeadEnd simply cars.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Looks like Victorion will have two different car molds after all. The figures have been revealed at SDCC. The Dead End and Breakdown molds will each have new heads as will the Hot Spot mold. The Alpha Bravo mold appears to have new arms and heads. The hands and feet for Victorion will also be new and each bot will have a new weapon accessory which can combine into a sword for Victorion.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

I have no plans to buy this. It looks terrible in every area.