Hasbro 2015 Fan-Built Combiner Poll

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: Hasbro 2015 Fan-Built Combiner Poll

Post by Onslaught Six »

All three of those names are fucking awful.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

First through fourth limb: Each has the same three choices. "Plane and Helicopter" come together and I assume that means if they win, two of the four limbs will be these (repaints of Skydive and Alpha Bravo), Truck (repaint of Offroad) or Car (Repaint of Breakdown).
Are the limbs gang-moulded?

And, why does the combiner have "beast" sounding names if the components are all traditional vehicle form guys?

Ah well....
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Dom wrote:And, why does the combiner have "beast" sounding names if the components are all traditional vehicle form guys?
What's 'beast' sounding about them? 'Slammoth' is the only one where I think you could remotely get that idea, and even then, 'Mammoth' isn't a term exclusively used as an animal name, it just means 'big', which is totally appropriate.

I like the sound of Quakebreak, myself.

I'm curious as to how the gender thing will work. If we're voting on the gender of the combined form, will that also determine the gender of the individual components to be the same, or will they be varied? It could be interesting.

If the Sea of Rust origin leads to it having a bangin' rusted-up color scheme, I'm in.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I hate any time they trudge out this "choose their city of origin!" shit because it tries to imply that any location on Cybertron other than Iacon has been important in the last 30 years.

Quakebreak is probably the best name but it's clearly there to work with the earthquake power...and if s/he doesn't have it, then it's a pointless choice.

Looking at Fireflight and Alpha Bravo next to each other, it is actually entirely possible the limbs are gang moulded.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Onslaught Six wrote:I hate any time they trudge out this "choose their city of origin!" shit because it tries to imply that any location on Cybertron other than Iacon has been important in the last 30 years.
Well Kaon tends to be a pretty important city as well, but yeah, can't say I really see the point of determining what city they come from in these fan votes either. I don't think they've ever used the city that won in Windblade's poll in any way, especially seeing as IDW decided to explain that she came from Caminus instead of Cybertron. Granted, that was a means to explain the existence of more female Cybertronians in that universe, but still, the city that won in her poll didn't matter.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

I don't have any type of smart phone or any devices that has download apps. So I can't vote on any of this.

Think it was kinda weird Hasbro didn't set this fan poll up in a way where guys with no apps devices could vote on the internet using a old school computer.

Honestly don't even think this fan polling thing Hasbro sets up is real. Guessing it is all fake. Hasbro just makes fans waste their time.
Hasbro probably already knows who the fan built TF toys are without fans voting help.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

After the final round of voting closed, it was revealed the personality will be Independent. The rest of the winning details will be revealed at SDCC.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Tiger, smart phones are becoming "standard". When I had to replaced my beloved old phone, I grudgingly bought a smart phone. I am not going to say I love it more than my old phone. But, if nothing else, I needed to familiarize myself with the technology. Hasbro wants to seem cutting edge. And, they are probably trying to cut down on people stuffing the ballots from labs and libraries.

After the final round of voting closed, it was revealed the personality will be Independent. The rest of the winning details will be revealed at SDCC.
So, the new character has an independent streak.....based on a popular vote. Oi.....
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Dominic wrote:So, the new character has an independent streak.....based on a popular vote. Oi.....
As opposed to all those cutting-edge independent-streak characters who were decided by Hasbro marketing executives and focus groups? Come on, it's a multimedia franchise owned by a billion-dollar corporation that exists purely to sell merchandise; at least in situations like this and Windblade the fans can't complain that they aren't getting what they want.

And an 'independent' Gestalt could prove pretty interesting, given that the characterization for like 90% of the G1 Combiners was "He's got the dumb, needs directions".
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

So it's a NAIL combiner? That's... interesting. They finally got a surprise out of me there.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?