January 2015 Hauls!

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: January 2015 Hauls!

Post by Shockwave »

JediTricks wrote:
138 Scourge wrote:Amazon's crazy. I ordered mine on Thursday night with the Prime 2-day shipping and the site says they'll be here Tuesday. On one hand, it's not like I'm that impatient about it, but on the other, the hell is two-day shipping for?
Complain, maybe you'll get a few bucks or free MP3s. It's likely with the weekend coming you don't have a delivery company close enough to distribution that will do Saturdays or Sundays. Kinda lame though, should be a Monday delivery.

Mine showed up a day early via USPS smartpost, which is downright shocking.
Mine says it was delivered today but I have yet to get it. Could just be that the mail room hasn't brought it up yet.

EDIT: Yup, mail room brought them up at around 3. CW Bombshell and Powerglide and RID15 Grimlock. Reviews in appropriate threads.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Generations Combiner Wars Bombshell and Powerglide, reviews in the thread. TF Windblade trade was also in the box.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Hey, I got Generations Combiner Wars Bombshell and Powerglide! Ain't that somethin'?
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Combiner Wars Firefly and Skydive arrived from BBTS yesterday. Firefly (which is so a My Little Pony name) is definitely the weak link in the set so far, being somewhat light and simple and even flimsy in places, but Skydive is great, maybe better than Alpha Bravo. Just rock-solid all around, I love his colors, and that both his weapons are big, double-barreled cannons (they even both look cool plugged into his wings in vehicle mode).

Now to take all four limbs I have now and tape them to a box with Silverbolt's face drawn on it.

Oh, also, I found and picked up One-Step Changers Prowl and ROTF Megatron the other night. The One-Steppers are a real guilty pleasure for me, and now that they came out with some not based on horrible characters from that movie I hated? I'm in. Prowl is the one I was most excited for, he has the fun-as-fuck 'butterfly knife' transformation first seen on Drift, but he's a G1-ish Prowl instead! With a bitchin' energy blade and brass-knuckles-type thing! His vehicle mode looks badass too. Megatron's more of a mixed bag. Tank mode looks *really* good, but the 'transformation', simple as it's supposed to be, is barely anything, just the head flipping down and some shell pieces moving marginally. Robot mode at least looks nice too, but part of the appeal of these things was enjoying the engineering put into making the one-step transformations work, and Megatron has almost none of that. Definitely grab Prowl if you see him though, easily worth eight bucks in amusement value.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Star Wars Black 3.75" Biggs Darklighter and Hoth Luke. Hoth Luke because I just really need more Rebel Hoth troopers and I don't already have Luke in that version. Biggs because Rebel Pilot and I'm pretty sure he's the one I don't already have. I have two of Luke, Wedge, and Dak... I think. Whatever, more pilots.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

You need Porkins.

On that topic, I only recently found out that apparently several of the Rebel Pilots from the end of ROTJ were women? I thought that was awesome and now I wonder if any of them ever got toys.

A friend of mine passed the Original Versions of the Original Trilogy over to my roommate and I, so I've been in a bit of a Star Wars mood lately.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

BWprowl wrote:You need Porkins.

On that topic, I only recently found out that apparently several of the Rebel Pilots from the end of ROTJ were women? I thought that was awesome and now I wonder if any of them ever got toys.

A friend of mine passed the Original Versions of the Original Trilogy over to my roommate and I, so I've been in a bit of a Star Wars mood lately.
Porkins! Definitely!

Probably. They've made figures of just about every character seen on screen and in print. Even most of the comics characters have been made. Even John Ratzenburger, Cliff Claven from Cheers had his rebel Hoth trooper made as a figure, so I would have to assume that most of the pilots do as well.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I think those female pilots were cut from the film for whatever reason.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.