January 2015 Hauls!

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Re: January 2015 Hauls!

Post by BWprowl »

Onslaught Six wrote:While everyone's off freaking out about RID15 (that's what I'm calling it and fuck what anyone else says)
What, is the fandom referring to it as something else? I've been saying RID15 pretty much since it was revealed, and I think there's even a tag on, like, Tumblr and stuff. What else are people calling it?
...So, anyone want to buy the two show Flipchangers and a Darkscream?
I may be interested in Tow-Line, depending on the price.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Some folks on ATT were insisting on calling it "RID2," which I am morally opposed to for obvious personal idiotic reasons, but also the fact that it is not at all a sequel to the original RID, nor is it actually the second toyline to be called Robots In Disguise--that would be Prime! Their argument against RID15 was literally that there aren't 14 other RIDs. It's like they don't understand it's about the year.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Onslaught Six wrote:Some folks on ATT were insisting on calling it "RID2," which I am morally opposed to for obvious personal idiotic reasons, but also the fact that it is not at all a sequel to the original RID, nor is it actually the second toyline to be called Robots In Disguise--that would be Prime! Their argument against RID15 was literally that there aren't 14 other RIDs. It's like they don't understand it's about the year.
:lol: I'd be inclined to call, The newer Rid 2015 thing by the ,Animated Generation 3 name or AG3 for short. Because there seems to be Hasbro crew members stuck on the 2009 Animated toy line Aesthetics designs. TFP-BH I called Animated generation 2 because the Aesthetics designs seemed like a fusion between Animated and movie verse. While Rid 2015 Aesthetics designs seem like a fusion between TFP-BH and rescue bots. :lol:

Suppose Rid15 works. :lol: But might sound bad when the 2016 line comes out and it now gets called, Rid16. :lol:
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Tigermegatron wrote:Suppose Rid15 works. :lol: But might sound bad when the 2016 line comes out and it now gets called, Rid16. :lol:
I dunno, this kinda thing is how comic series work--for example, MTMTE is generally referred to as "MTMTE (2012)" despite it running in 2015.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

andersonh1 wrote:Today's find: the Batman Archives vol. 1 at a local used bookstore. It looks almost new, so someone took care of it. Between my store credit and the fact that it was already half price, I wound up paying $16 for it, so it was well worth the cost. JT, you've read the first 10 stories in the book, because they're in the Batman Chronicles vol. 1. But the book contains the Batman stories from Detective Comics 27 to 50, so there was enough new material to make it worth the purchase. Not to mention that it's the higher quality paper so the colors really pop.
Sounds good, but it's ONLY Detective Comics, not the titular Batman comic book of the time which would fit in chronological order?
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

JediTricks wrote:
andersonh1 wrote:Today's find: the Batman Archives vol. 1 at a local used bookstore. It looks almost new, so someone took care of it. Between my store credit and the fact that it was already half price, I wound up paying $16 for it, so it was well worth the cost. JT, you've read the first 10 stories in the book, because they're in the Batman Chronicles vol. 1. But the book contains the Batman stories from Detective Comics 27 to 50, so there was enough new material to make it worth the purchase. Not to mention that it's the higher quality paper so the colors really pop.
Sounds good, but it's ONLY Detective Comics, not the titular Batman comic book of the time which would fit in chronological order?
Right. Apparently when they started both Batman and Superman archives they collected the titles in separate books. So Batman and Detective Comics each have their own archive series, and Superman and Action Comics are in separate archives as well. And the appearances by each character in World's Finest are in a third archive series. So if I wanted to get all of Batman's stories I'd end up buying three different book series.

I'd rather have seen everything in chronological order like the Chronicles series, and I think that's how they'd approach both characters if they were starting now. The Golden Age Superman omnibus I bought last year has all Superman stories from all books in publication order from 1938 to the end of 1940, and I've been hoping for a similar Batman omni. But no luck so far.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Picked up a couple cool things that will want to eat a lot of time the other day.

This Book Is Full Of Spiders (Seriously Dude, Don't Touch It) by David Wong. I enjoyed the hell out of his last book, so i have no idea why I haven't bought this before now.

Saint's Row IV Re-Elected for the PS4. Why yes, I did already have this game on the PS3. But this version has a bunch of DLC included wherein you can escape from Hell and save Santa and all this other stuff. Plus this is just one of my favorite games so I was okay with buying a copy for the new system.
Last edited by 138 Scourge on Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Well, I am PISSED!!!! My order for the remaining CW limbs was supposedly delivered today by FedEx at 10:21am. I went home to pick it up on my lunch break and... it's not there. #)(@$&)#(@^$#&@#&$_@&$_#&_#&@#_&_@#_#$&#_*#&_(#$()@*!!!!!!!! I seriously am SO pissed off right now. I've never had problems with receiving things before and I sure as hell don't want to start now. I ordered them through BBTS so I hope this will have some sort of resolution where I can have another shipment sent or a refund, but if not, cities are going to burn for this!!
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

It's okay, you can swear on the internet, I'm pretty sure your mom's not watching.

Seriously though, double-confirm that tracking, double-check for some sort of notice slip, then contact BBTS post-haste. They might make you go through the carrier, but the sooner your get a jump on it the better.

That does suck though, sorry man.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

BWprowl wrote:It's okay, you can swear on the internet, I'm pretty sure your mom's not watching.

Seriously though, double-confirm that tracking, double-check for some sort of notice slip, then contact BBTS post-haste. They might make you go through the carrier, but the sooner your get a jump on it the better.

That does suck though, sorry man.
I know we do tolerate some swearing on here but the level that I wanted to might have been pushing it.

Thanks for the advice, fortunately I found out within hours of it happening and have followed up with both BBTS and FedEx.

What annoys me most is a couple of things: 1: This is the first time I've ordered something online rather than just waiting for retail and this shit has to happen. Second, why motherfuckers always stealing from ME!? I'm not rich, I don't live in a mansion, I don't drive a sports car, WHAT THE FUCK!!!? Assholes. I'm actually temped to repeat the process and then when the delivery date is scheduled wait for the fuckers to try it again and give them a Battleth to the face. Sick of this shit.

Ahem. Thanks for letting me rant. Oh and the other annoying thing is OF COURSE this would have to happen with the combiners. I'm twitchy enough as it is with these things not being released in the same waves together, then to buy one and have this happen with the others? Fuck. I have another package coming from BBTS tomorrow but that's via UPS not FedEx. I just hope the same shit doesn't happen.