Former Hasbro employees have created a 3rd party company?

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Former Hasbro employees have created a 3rd party company?

Post by Tigermegatron »

Former Hasbro employees have created a 3rd party company? http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... blast.html http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... ataur.html http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... shots.html

Anyone can see these are 3rd party homage toys being created to resemble Hasbro's TF toys like the Pretenders toys.

Personally,I think this is just disgusting and wrong. As these former Hasbro employees are breaking a whole bunch of laws and rules that Hasbro made each employee sign before and during their employment at Hasbro. Clearly Hasbro employees signed Contracts agreements, confidentials and inside company info rules are being broken.

These Hasbro employees were trained by Hasbro in the art of toy making for their various brands.

I just don't think any of this is legal and Hasbro can clearly sue,fine and have thrown in jail,This new 3rd party company and it's former Hasbro employees for breaking signed contract agreements.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: Former Hasbro employees have created a 3rd party company

Post by JediTricks »

The actual designs don't remind me of Pretenders, having the accessories merge together and a general likeness does have similarity, but overall it reminds me a lot more of Hero Mashers.

How the hell do you know that they've broken any laws? I don't see any copyright violations, you don't know what contracts they signed, and you haven't a clue whether they were "trained" by Hasbro. This may be the dumbest thing you've ever said. Did Hasbro sue Zizzle when they split off and made their own 3.75" figure and vehicle line for Pirates of the Caribbean? No. Don't talk out your ass so much.
Tigermegatron wrote:Former Hasbro employees have created a 3rd party company? http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... blast.html http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... ataur.html http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... shots.html

Anyone can see these are 3rd party homage toys being created to resemble Hasbro's TF toys like the Pretenders toys.

Personally,I think this is just disgusting and wrong. As these former Hasbro employees are breaking a whole bunch of laws and rules that Hasbro made each employee sign before and during their employment at Hasbro. Clearly Hasbro employees signed Contracts agreements, confidentials and inside company info rules are being broken.

These Hasbro employees were trained by Hasbro in the art of toy making for their various brands.

I just don't think any of this is legal and Hasbro can clearly sue,fine and have thrown in jail,This new 3rd party company and it's former Hasbro employees for breaking signed contract agreements.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

JediTricks wrote: Did Hasbro sue Zizzle when they split off and made their own 3.75" figure and vehicle line for Pirates of the Caribbean? No. Don't talk out your ass so much.
Zizzle didn't try to take any of Hasbro's characters and make likenes newer toys out of them.

Hasbro knows they don't own the 3.75 humanoid figure toy size.

Zizzle did not form a illegial 3rd party company. Zizzle does not create newer toys based off the likeness of other companies established fictional characters.

Zizzle created an official company, that they registered, provided company info, IP's, Adresses, Names & so forth.

Zizzle is not trying to hide company info & resorting to only selling online on fan created specialty import sites like this former Hasbro employees newer 3rd party company will resort to doing to sell their illegially created toys.
Last edited by Tigermegatron on Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

JediTricks wrote: How the hell do you know that they've broken any laws? I don't see any copyright violations, you don't know what contracts they signed, and you haven't a clue whether they were "trained" by Hasbro.
Why are you defending these guys? are you a 3rd party TF toys buyer?

Every new job trains it's employees. Nobody just gets put into the job without training. Even if you have master degrees or prior experience in your job field. You still need to get some newer company training to conform to the house style and get trained on newer equipment.

When you have a high level,high position job like this, you need to sign a whole bunch of legal agreements and confidential contracts that protect the company from what these Former Hasbro employees are trying to do.

The sheer fact that this newer 3rd party company made up of former Hasbro employees needs to hide underground, hides it's company address, hide it's IP's, hide everything else. They can't sell these toys in brick & mortar toys world wide & have to resort to selling stuff online on those fan based specialty import sites. Is more than enough proof they know they are doing a illegial thing here.

These toys can't be sold in stores because Hasbro can then sue them for copyright violations. Stores probably won't stock the toys at Hasbro's request. most of these 3rd party companies do not register their company nor provide anyone of their personal company info like addresses,IP's, names,etc.. in fears of getting taken to court,sued, fines and thrown in jail.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Um, it's about a zillion times more legal than what TF-targeted 3rd-party companies NOT formed by former Hasbro employees do, IE: making blatant toys of other companies' characters to cash in on the popularity of them without actually holding the license.

It's basically the equivalent of an artist for Marvel and DC going off and making their own indie comic.

This is just, as far as I can tell, some dudes who like making toys using their toy-making skills to make more toys. I'll probably keep an eye on them, they look like they might be neat.

EDIT: Oh yeah, they're really shady, the way they're hiding everything. And by 'hiding', I of course mean 'blasting their contact info all over message boards, Facebook, and tumblr for all to see'.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

BWprowl wrote:EDIT: Oh yeah, they're really shady, the way they're hiding everything. And by 'hiding', I of course mean 'blasting their contact info all over message boards, Facebook, and tumblr for all to see'.
This cracks me up because there are people that say the same thing about Freemasons. Yeah, we're totally a "secret society" with out rings, bumper stickers, and buildings with our logos and meeting times listed on the internet and everywhere. :lol:
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Shockwave wrote:
BWprowl wrote:EDIT: Oh yeah, they're really shady, the way they're hiding everything. And by 'hiding', I of course mean 'blasting their contact info all over message boards, Facebook, and tumblr for all to see'.
This cracks me up because there are people that say the same thing about Freemasons. Yeah, we're totally a "secret society" with out rings, bumper stickers, and buildings with our logos and meeting times listed on the internet and everywhere.
Hiding in plain sight?
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

138 Scourge wrote:
Shockwave wrote:
This cracks me up because there are people that say the same thing about Freemasons. Yeah, we're totally a "secret society" with out rings, bumper stickers, and buildings with our logos and meeting times listed on the internet and everywhere.
Hiding in plain sight?
Hey, sometimes that is the best place to hide.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Shockwave wrote:
138 Scourge wrote:
Shockwave wrote:
Hiding in plain sight?
Hey, sometimes that is the best place to hide.
FYI, Most 3rd party TF companies are impossible to trace back to their source. due to the assembly factories being in the KO capitol of the world overseas. Most of these 3rd party companies have software and tech that scrambles-hides their IP addresses. Their are a lot of middle men involved to further hide the traces of the source. It's next to impossible for HasTak to trace these 3rd party companies.

Posting info and updates on facebook and forums are secured sites that have software that hides members IP address info. other members,Vistors and companies don't have access to this IP address info.
Last edited by Tigermegatron on Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

BTW, It's being reported over at TFW, That the owner of this, "play with me now" company Is Rik Alvarez. Who was a former employee of Hasbro that was let go 2 years ago by Hasbro.

Most might remember Rik Alvarez as a veteran TF fan who created a bunch of those TF toys retro books.

It's also being reported over at TFW that Rik Alvarez is working with other Former Hasbro employees, fans and freelancers that create some 3rd party TF toys.