Walking Babies, Falling Toys

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Mirage
Gestalt Combiner

Walking Babies, Falling Toys

Post by Mirage »

So my one-year-old daughter took her first actual steps last night, and promptly plowed into one of my auxilliary TF shelves. My custom RID Red Alert, PVC Powered Convoy, and a magnetic Microman figure all met the wrath of her tiny fist. No actual harm done, but she then proceeded to absolutely clear my Star Trek shelves. My wife and I were so amazed that she was walking, we just kinda let her do it. It kept her happy (and walking) so I figured it was worth it. I knew there was a reason I bought all these damn things... :lol:
I disappear.
Misanthrope Prime
Dinobot

Re: Walking Babies, Falling Toys

Post by Misanthrope Prime »

That's the first stage of infection. Soon it will gestate inside the organism and before you know it, they'll stop showering, start asking for money and crash your car into various things, including, but not limited to, telephone poles, trees, streetlights, dunkin' donutses, and even street performers.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

At this point, I would consider renovating or rearranging your shelves in a way that any further exploration bits would lead them to non-destructive stuff. I know Zobovor once mentioned on his site that he kept "kid-safe" G1 TFs (mostly guys from 87-88 and on) on his lower shelves in case any of his children wanted to grab at them.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Yep. Better put those things way up on the shelf. I've got the second kid on the way, due in May, so I'll be dealing with the same situation before too long. But I keep my Transformers in a cabinet with doors rather than a shelf, so until he or she figures out how to open doors, I'm good.

I keep some McDonald's Transformers around for when my daughter wants to play with the robots. :mrgreen:
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

I have the same problem, but with drunken friends of my flatmates who're convinced they had 20th Prime as a kid.
Mirage
Gestalt Combiner

Post by Mirage »

Misanthrope Prime wrote:That's the first stage of infection. Soon it will gestate inside the organism and before you know it, they'll stop showering, start asking for money and crash your car into various things, including, but not limited to, telephone poles, trees, streetlights, dunkin' donutses, and even street performers.
Well, damn.

My display rooms are typically off-limits for her, so this really isn't a big problem (yet). As for moving things around, I've already got the very most breakable stuff out of reach. Most everything else can survive being knocked askew, because I've already done it.
I disappear.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Congrats on the walking baby! Pointy shiny things are now the official bane of your existence tho'. ;) I have a cat, he gnaws on stuff, so there are tons of toys I have to keep out of his reach - babies are worse because they grow up and can take that stuff back down. :D
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?