Worst things ever in TF?

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Worst things ever in TF?

Post by JediTricks »

I just sent Dom an email reply from 3 months ago. We had been discussing the Mutants sub-line and both seem to agree that Razor Claw - the emerald green raptor that turns into an emerald green wolverine - sucks, but in my email I dubbed it "among the worst TF things ever" and realized that it does indeed shine in that regard.

So, with Transformers' 25th anniversary right around the corner, and much celebration to come, what items truly belong on TF's "worst ever" list? What items should we remember so that we may laugh, and never witness those mistakes again?

I'll start it off with...

BW Mutants - Razor Claw

Animorphs (burn in hell, the lot of you!)
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Re: Worst things ever in TF?

Post by Gomess »

TF's weird like that, because it's So Darn Kitsch.

I mean, REALLY, if we're being honest, Firecons and Pretenders are RUBBISH. But, they're also not. Flintwheel spark-breath! Detailed (for the time) monstrous action figures with a Transformer INSIDE THEM!

...It's all relative.

Ah, wait. Wheelie! *rolleyes*

And all Energon Autobot toys.
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Gomess wrote:And all Energon Autobot toys.
Aw, they can't all be bad. I've been wanting to track Tow-Line down, myself.

Billy and Fred
Beast Wars- The Ascending (and if not the whole comic, at least the scene where Razorbeast partially ties Ravage up with rope and then remarks "He's not going anywhere")
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

BWprowl wrote:"He's not going anywhere")
AHHAHAHAA. Does that even *count* as an easter egg? That is extra special pathetic.

And uh, nah, Energon Autobots give me the chills. Line-wide "pants modes"? Nuuuu!

I only bought one Energon toy at all; Snowcat. Even the Terrorcons struck me as mostly lacklustre, and the plastic even seemed of icky quality (which actually started during Armada, I think)...

My Snowcat has a wonky head, too (do they all?) which makes him look extra quirky.

Oo, oo, I remember what sucked; young Spike's attitude to women! >=O
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Worse things ever? Early Armada episodes were pretty bad, though the series improved considerably as it went on.

I have a hard time finding fault with most things related to Transformers. I enjoy the hobby enough that I tend to overlook most of its faults. I will say that the Energon combination gimmick hobbled a number of otherwise promising designs, and made for some ugly combined robots.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

andersonh1 wrote:Worse things ever? Early Armada episodes were pretty bad
I didn't even think of bringing the AEC cartoons into it, because I assumed some sort of explosion would occur.

I think the voice acting for all three of those series is one of the worst things in TF. ...And the animation. *Still carries strong, stagnant memories of Overmatch's "fight" scenes*
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Gomess wrote:TF's weird like that, because it's So Darn Kitsch.

I mean, REALLY, if we're being honest, Firecons and Pretenders are RUBBISH. But, they're also not. Flintwheel spark-breath! Detailed (for the time) monstrous action figures with a Transformer INSIDE THEM!

...It's all relative.

Ah, wait. Wheelie! *rolleyes*

And all Energon Autobot toys.
Pretenders are really really bad in my book. Firecons there's no defense for either really.

Wheelie? What's that? My universe doesn't seem to have a listing for that. ;)

Ouch on the Energon line's Autobot combiners though.

BWprowl wrote:Billy and Fred
Heh heh! That doesn't even seem fair, though Billy & Fred couldn't even deliver on their original concept.

Gomess wrote:I only bought one Energon toy at all; Snowcat.
So, you went out and bought the worst one, wow. Even the GI Joe ref couldn't help that turd of a figure.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

JediTricks wrote:
Gomess wrote:I only bought one Energon toy at all; Snowcat.
So, you went out and bought the worst one, wow. Even the GI Joe ref couldn't help that turd of a figure.
I take it you didn't see Donosaur's "Dancing Robots" video? That'll make a Snowcat fan out of most anyone...

I dunno, it's hard for me to think of what things in Transformers that I just can't stand at all. I mean, I like Wheelie, G2 color schemes, Backstop, Snowcat, "The Low Road", "Cybertron", and G1S3. So my threshold for annoyance is really high.

I'll have to think on this, maybe something'll come to me...
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
donosaur
Gestalt Combiner

Post by donosaur »

This topic is too big for me, if not for all of us, so I'll limit it down a bit: The worst transformer I own?? Armada Hotshot. So bad I didn't flinch at taking a hacksaw to him to try and "fix" him. I never did bother to finish.
Last edited by donosaur on Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
.................................................................................................................................................................... _,_,_..
...................................................................................................................................................................(..vvvvv
..................................................................................................................................................................(..../"/"
.........................................................................................................................................................(\.....(.....) )
......................................................................................................................................................... \ \../../hh hh
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Ooh, got one: Transformers- Mystery of Convoy for the NES. A game so bad, it practically created an entire Japanese subculture revolving around terrible video games!