Movie reviews thread,seen a movie give quick review about it

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Movie reviews thread,seen a movie give quick review about it

Post by Tigermegatron »

Movie reviews thread,seen a movie give quick review about it here.

I saw a whole bunch of Theathre movies on cable a few days ago. Here goes my quick reviews below.

AMAZING SPIDERMAN. I thought it was smart to fill the movie with so many popular well known & respected actors & actresses. Sadly it was a bad mistake not to fill the main spiderman role with someone more popular & recognizable.It was refreshing to have a peter parker that was tall in real life. I always hated it when Tobey Maguire would do those Richard simmons fun screams when he would swing on his webs thru the city. It was refreshing to see the Andrew Garfield take on spiderman as he didn't make any richard simmons fun screams when he used his webs to swing thru NYC. In some ways Andrew Garfield less smiling emotional peter parker worked & in some areas it didn't. I'm not a fan of reboots as they waste too much time on the origins again. I felt the reboot did a horrible job explaining the origins & the 2002 version did a better origins job. While I like the more serious less richard simmons reboot,I felt the origins,plots & character development were inferior to the 2002 version. With Amazing Spiderman 2 hitting theatres this year,I'm hoping they fix some things.

MEN IN BLACK III . As far a sequels goes,this gets added to the horrible list. What a terrible movie. It felt so short in minutes. The plot wasn't that great. it just felt like a inferior movie compared to the first two,which were already horrible to begin with. I felt the plot had potential but it was wasted away by puns & needless funny non-plot scenes.

THATS MY BOY. I'd rate this as one of adam sandlers better movies. most of adam sandlers movies are more miss than hit. This movie was just funny,creative & had decent dialogue. The plot was okay. It's a must see if you like shows like family guy,american dad,simpsons,robot chicken & that sort of humor.

IRONMAN III, a 50/50 movie. It seemed like the theme was about robots verses bio-engineered humans with super healing powers,with flame throwing fire thrown in for kicks. Honestly Robots verse suped up humans,Just didn't seem like a decent enough theme for a ironman big blockbuster movie. I didn't like how they recreated the Mandarin origins. Perhaps the worse recreated comic book villian origins ever. Plots,themes & scenes felt like they were all over the place,disorganized,rushed-------> yeah sorta like a micheal bay TF movie. While a lot of life changing stuff happened & stuff was extra intense,the movie seemed to fail due to the plot seeming like it fit more for a $4 comic issue & less for a multi million blockbuster theatre movie. to make matters worse it seemed like the Ironman III movie was copying the "all for nothing,losing everything" theme that the last batman movie had. Except the last batman movie did it leaps & bounds better. Doing this finale for ironman III made no sense,as we all know more avengers movies are comming,ironman is bound to build more robots suits & tech & save the day,he isn't retiring like batman did in the last movie. Ironman having all those scenes with that kid kinda felt forced & out of character for the character,it seemed like a ploy to draw kids in to watch the movie then ofcause buy all the toys. The ironic part in the movie was when ironman saved those 12 people who fell out of the hole in the airplane. the ironic part was much more people died on the airplane when it crashed. I think it would have made more sense to save the airplane from crashing instead of making a big deal about saving 12 people. saving the 12 people seemed like a polite way to offset all the extreme violence & killing this movie had in it. The mandarian was a great villian choice since he's one of ironmans main villians that he fights. the problem is someone re-wrote the mandarins origins so much,afterwards it only seemed like someone slapped a iconic name on something that had little resemblence to the character,his origins & his agendas.

WRECK IT RALPH,The movie gets barely a passable C. I just felt Ralph needed to visit more newer & old school video games. I also felt more old video game heroes & villians needed bigger parts with more dialogue spoken. The story/plot was overly simplistic & the movie had a very un-even pace of movement. it dragged on in some spots while it overly rushed in others. Animation should have been higher quality.

OZ,THE GREAT & POWERFUL. Not a great movie. They picked the wrong guy to play OZ. He ruined almost every scene he was in as he didn't know how to act nor portray the emotions asked upon him in the script. The only good thing about this movie was mila kunis. Mila looked sexy & did beyond well in her acting. Most of the CGI in this movie looked like it was done on the cheap side. The CGI used did a bad job of blending in with the live action scenes.

ARTHUR CHRISTMAS,This movie was epic awesome from start to finish. the script,plot & dialogue were all top notch. Animation was great. very creative adventure scenes. the writers did a great job of fleshing out all the main characters to the extent it felt like viewers knew them from a 52 episode series & not a almost 2 hour movie.

THE CALL. I only watched this movie on cable due to Hale Berry being in it. Normally I stay away from these horror killing movies. I gotta say,wow,this movie was pure awesome from start to finish. Hale berry did a beyond great job acting all through this movie. I was nice to see a Christoper from Sopranos cameo in this movie,he got a bigger part than I'd thought he'd initally get. The movie was chuck full of surprises. I guess one can label this as a traveling adventure horror movie,as most of it took place driving in a car on the roads. The plot,actors,dialogue were all excellent. nothing negative to say.