Comics are Awesome III

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: Comics are Awesome III

Post by Sparky Prime »

BWprowl wrote:Maybe I'm looking at the wrong picture, but that...doesn't actually look like a 'new costume' for Superman, just like a picture of him having gotten part of his Clark Kent clothes shredded off to reveal parts of his regular costume underneath. You can see the regular costume's legs underneath the ripped-up jeans.
You're talking about the cover of Superman #41? Yeah, that's his regular costume. But the new look is the cover of Action Comics which andersonh1 posted a link to, and also the covers of Superman/Wonder Woman and Batman/Superman. I guess Newsarama posted those in part 2 of the June solicits. Not sure why they split it up...

Anyway, forgot to mention it, but Flash's costume is also getting some changes, which is also in part 2.
andersonh1 wrote:Anyone else get the impression that DC just doesn't know what to do with these characters? That they're just flailing around, trying anything in the hope that it will stick?
Some of them at least, I'd have to agree.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Sparky Prime wrote:You're talking about the cover of Superman #41? Yeah, that's his regular costume. But the new look is the cover of Action Comics which andersonh1 posted a link to, and also the covers of Superman/Wonder Woman and Batman/Superman. I guess Newsarama posted those in part 2 of the June solicits. Not sure why they split it up...
Ah, I see it now. Yeah, that's definitely pretty Superboy-lookin'. Thing is, I really *like* that look for Superboy (I specifically went and bought the shirt for myself!) but can't say I think it works well for Superman. Eh.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

BWprowl wrote:Ah, I see it now. Yeah, that's definitely pretty Superboy-lookin'. Thing is, I really *like* that look for Superboy (I specifically went and bought the shirt for myself!) but can't say I think it works well for Superman. Eh.
Yeah, I agree. I like Superboy with jeans and a shirt as well, it seemed like a way for him to break away form Superman a little, find his own unique identity but still wear the shield to acknowledge his origins. But I don't think it works for Superman, he looks out of place in street clothes rather than a costume.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Greg Weisman is going to be writing the Star Wars: Kanan - The Last Padawan comic series that starts next month. The book tells the tale of Kanan Jarrus, main character from Star Wars Rebels, as a young padawan who has survived Order 66 by running from the order and hiding his Jedi abilities.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

JediTricks wrote:Greg Weisman is going to be writing the Star Wars: Kanan - The Last Padawan comic series that starts next month. The book tells the tale of Kanan Jarrus, main character from Star Wars Rebels, as a young padawan who has survived Order 66 by running from the order and hiding his Jedi abilities.
Already got it on pre-order through my Diamond contact; it was actually seeing the solicit for this series that tipped me off to Weisman's involvement with the show. Nice that we'll get this extra bit of content from him even after the first season's wrap-up and after his departure from the show.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

He's off the show already?! What the hell? Also, the comic links aren't working or I'm not clicking on the right thing or maybe just not looking at the right thing. I see Wonder Woman's new costume, but the link for Superman's shows a pic of the Justice League with him in the background, you can hardly see him or the costume at all. And the link posted with "check this out" blank screen.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Shockwave wrote:He's off the show already?! What the hell? Also, the comic links aren't working or I'm not clicking on the right thing or maybe just not looking at the right thing. I see Wonder Woman's new costume, but the link for Superman's shows a pic of the Justice League with him in the background, you can hardly see him or the costume at all. And the link posted with "check this out" blank screen.
I honestly don't know why Weisman left after season 1, but it could be to run this comic actually, he's still got to work directly with the SW story group which includes SW Rebels showrunner Dave Filoni in order to do the comic. I hope to have the opportunity to ask next month at SW Celebration Anaheim.

The Superman image direct link: http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/144 ... 1426180599
I think I hate the buzzcut hair MORE than the t-shirt & jeans outfit with the workboots. Damn is that look douchey as hell though.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

JediTricks wrote:The Superman image direct link: http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/144 ... 1426180599
I think I hate the buzzcut hair MORE than the t-shirt & jeans outfit with the workboots. Damn is that look douchey as hell though.
He looks like a bouncer down at the local bar, not Superman. And I'm not knocking that profession, but it's not a look that works for Superman.

My 10 year old has dubbed him "Punkman". :)
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

That's... terrible. That's not even a costume. He just looks like a random guy at a comic shop or Comic Con. I genuinely hope this doesn't make it on screen cinematically.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

JediTricks wrote:The Superman image direct link: http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/144 ... 1426180599
Shockwave wrote:That's... terrible. That's not even a costume. He just looks like a random guy at a comic shop or Comic Con. I genuinely hope this doesn't make it on screen cinematically.
As has been said, this was effectively Superboy's costume in the early 00's (and used for the Young Justice cartoon), down to the haircut, and it worked REALLY well in that case; it's just wildly inappropriate for Superman.

Man, I can just hear DC's response to the imminent complaints though: "You said you didn't want him wearing armor, right? Well he's not wearing armor now! What do you WANT from us?!"

I dunno, I actually find the new Bunny-Eared-Bat-Bot funnier, as far as new looks go.