Questions for Hasbro's Transformers team

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
onslaught86

Re: Questions for Hasbro's Transformers team

Post by onslaught86 »

I think the answers are coming from Eric.

And AWESOME. High-five, JT! That's great! Points to Prowl, despite searching repeatedly I couldn't find the interviews about the Animated designs, and this is a better answer than those gave.

I now realise we should've asked specifically what Galvatron's little flip-out feet are for, oops.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Holy crap! All of 'em?

Dayum, that's kinda awesome. Nice going, guys!
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Onslaught Six wrote:Who answered these, specifically? Archer, or that Bill Rawley guy? I'm just curious. His answers were really specific and to the point about it, and it seems like we got just about all the answers we needed.
When I asked Hasbro this on the Star Wars Q&A, we were told they're not allowed to use names for these official Q&As, but that each question is distributed to the proper member of the brand team depending on the context.
Also, getting answered kinda 'puts us on the map' per se. At least to me.
Yeah, it's really cool to see all our hard work come to this.
We knew this already, didn't we?
"We" may have, but I don't remember ever seeing that claimed before. They didn't mention it at Comic-Con.

onslaught86 wrote:I think the answers are coming from Eric.
I would strongly guess the answers we got are from at least 2 different team members, if not 3. There are tones for each writer that are different: 1 is businesslike, 1 is terse, and the rest are more rounded. I'm thrilled we got all of that.
And AWESOME. High-five, JT! That's great! Points to Prowl, despite searching repeatedly I couldn't find the interviews about the Animated designs, and this is a better answer than those gave.
High-five accepted and reciprocated. :mrgreen:
I now realise we should've asked specifically what Galvatron's little flip-out feet are for, oops.
CRAAAAAP! Totally should. Well, there's always next round in December.

138 Scourge wrote:Holy crap! All of 'em?

Dayum, that's kinda awesome. Nice going, guys!
All of 'em, and it is awesome, thanks for helping with your participation, everybody's participation on the site really paid off!
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

JediTricks wrote:When I asked Hasbro this on the Star Wars Q&A, we were told they're not allowed to use names for these official Q&As, but that each question is distributed to the proper member of the brand team depending on the context.
Huh. Inneresting. I've been following the GI Joe Q&As, see, and they don't have the semi-informal nature of these answers--I've never before seen them refer to "I" and "me," always in the plural.
Yeah, it's really cool to see all our hard work come to this.
Well, mostly your hard work. I mostly just sit here and bitch about stuff. :D
"We" may have, but I don't remember ever seeing that claimed before. They didn't mention it at Comic-Con.
I thought it was revealed in the recent club magazine? Granted, some of us don't get it, but we at least know about the stuff that's in it. I think there's even pics (oh god are there pics? Please someone tell me there are pics and also link me to them illegally.)
CRAAAAAP! Totally should. Well, there's always next round in December.
I'm not all that concerned. I'm sticking with Aborted Walking Tank Mode. If you look, his robot feet can actually fold down in addition, which clinches it for me.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Prime_Wreck
Deluxe

Post by Prime_Wreck »

They said they made Galvatron deluxe due to two tank like vehicles being done in the larger scale. I guess if I had to throw a question in for the next round it would be why didn't they just drop the Scattorshot repaint, or simply wait to do Galavtron in a larger scale for a later wave. I already have a pretty good idea what the answer would be, but I'd have taken a larger version of Galvatron over a simple repaint any day.
"Supersizing your Value Meal is the right of all sentient beings"

BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

This is great JT, totally made my day (night). Again, thanks for picking my question, and the fact that it got a decent answer is really cool. Interesting to see that there was a Figueroa-like transformation-visualization point to the designs, and I wasn't aware that it was two guys working so closely on them. That helps to explain why they're so clearly defined in terms of character.

But yeah, this is great, and high-fives all around, especially on the 'Put us on the map' point. Pie for all!
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Prime_Wreck wrote:They said they made Galvatron deluxe due to two tank like vehicles being done in the larger scale. I guess if I had to throw a question in for the next round it would be why didn't they just drop the Scattorshot repaint, or simply wait to do Galavtron in a larger scale for a later wave. I already have a pretty good idea what the answer would be, but I'd have taken a larger version of Galvatron over a simple repaint any day.
They've said in another Q&A that the Megas in Universe were a last-minute addition due to the popularity of the line, they worked in the several waves of repaints prior to Inferno just so they could establish the price point. I'd wager that there'd have been conflicts between the waves of redecos already planned out and the work it would've taken to get Galvatron ready in a larger size. At least this proves Galvatron's engineering failures are all his own, heh.

Definitely think we need to throw in the "Does the design team read toy reviews?" question next round, along with the Galvy feet.

EDIT: Another Q&A at Cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=11518
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

It's great to see the answers to the questions are generally good, solid, and informative. And nice to see my question get an answer too. :mrgreen:

Nice job everyone!
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I wish these sites would collaborate their questions more--in the Cybertron.ca questions, they ask about other G1 reissues, which was already asked elsewhere, and on TFormers they asked about the QC issues we've been experiencing. They even give the same answer that they gave one of the other sites that specifically mentions parts popping off, which 'was' asked in the question at the other site.

Oddly, TFormers seems to have listed the names of who contributed each specific question. I wonder if this is in response to my "So who's answering these?" bit, if they read the forums at all. They also might have done it because both Bill and Eric answered the one question. (God, those names just don't roll off the tongue as easily as "Bob 'n' Larry," do they?)

Looks like TFormers asked our GI Joe crossover question, and got the same answer we always do, but this time they seem to be indicating "Well, we've at least considered what we'd do if it did happen," which is cool.

I wonder if our small size but generally kickass questions led them to give us better answers than some of the other sites--it sometimes feels like, reading them, the answers are pretty quick and straightforward-based stuff, because the questions are repetitive or downright stupid. Meanwhile, our questions generally seem to be of a high intelligence and kickassery level.

I think it also helps that we discuss the questions and go through and figure out what we really do want to ask. I only pay vague attention, but I think the other sites just kind of have everyone throw stuff into a hat and then the admins pick a couple.

Personally, I'd pass on the Galvy feet question because it's hardly going to be relevant in two months--we'll probably have other questions by then. Movie stuff should be leaking right about then if I remember right, yeah? Though I do support the who-does-techspecs question, especially if we throw in something about who wrote the Movie bios, and what went into them--were certain characters like Brawl or Blackout's bios based on any kind of specific mandate, or are their personalities just right out of the writer's head?

Which has made me think of an entirely different post I have to make now.

EDIT: Kil on ATT posted a list of them (and included us, yay!) and there were four we didn't have:

http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?cat ... cleid=2471
Hasbro wrote:That being said, there is no reason not to do a Dinobot combiner.
Yeah, no reason at all.

http://16bit.com/ (Scroll down, annoyingly, I can't find a way to link to the post directly.)
High point: Brawn will have black wheels.

http://collectiondx.com/node/3017
High point: Nothing. Almost all repetitive or useless (stuff concerning Takara or has already been asked, and a pointless Jetfire question.)

http://forum.idwpublishing.com/viewtopi ... 67a21ffefa
High point: Ironhide is getting a running change with a silver face. Maybe I should stop hunting now?
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.