Star Trek

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: Star Trek

Post by Sparky Prime »

JediTricks wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 12:50 pmmembers of the ENT cast will be inserted into KurtzTrek.
I haven't heard anything about this... Which series?
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Sparky Prime wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:38 pm I haven't heard anything about this... Which series?
They haven't said yet.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

JediTricks wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:26 pmThey haven't said yet.
Hrm... Lower Decks seems most likely to me. They like to making references to every part of Star Trek, often just as a gag regardless of if it makes sense to the story they're telling, and I dunno that they've done anything for Enterprise yet. Strange New Worlds might be another possibility, given some of the NX-01 crew might still be alive at that time, albeit very old. Picard and Discovery wouldn't make any sense with how far removed those series are from the Enterprise era... So that's probably where these writers would want to insert them.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

It wouldn't make sense to insert the actors from ENT into the late 24th century of Lower Decks, not a good return on the investment of getting those actors back - although they could riff on the holodeck finale tying into TNG, I suppose.

I would think Discovery since they're out of time anyway, but there's plenty of room for nonsense in KurtzTrek.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

JediTricks wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:42 am It wouldn't make sense to insert the actors from ENT into the late 24th century of Lower Decks, not a good return on the investment of getting those actors back - although they could riff on the holodeck finale tying into TNG, I suppose.
When has KurtzTrek ever made a good return investment when doing anything that involves previous Treks? But yeah, if they were to use them in Lower Decks, I'd expect it to be a riff on the holodeck.
I would think Discovery since they're out of time anyway, but there's plenty of room for nonsense in KurtzTrek.
They're not "out of time"... They're in the 32nd century. Well past all the temporal cold war stuff Enterprise dealt with. Although, I could see these writers deciding to make Burnham "Future Guy", simply pretending to be from an earlier point in the timeline. It'd keep to their mantra that Burnham has to be involved with everything, regardless of if it makes any sense in canon.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Here's the rumors from back in February from the usual "anonymous sources" so take it for what it's worth: https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/e ... -trek.html
According to our trusted inside source – the same one that gave us our confirmed exclusive scoops regarding Don Cheadle appearing as War Machine in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Josh Brolin returning to the Marvel Cinematic Universe as Thanos – Captain Archer is going to make a comeback. Our information says that the powers-that-be at Paramount want to bring Scott Bakula back by having him cameo in another Star Trek show and then leave the door open for him to headline his own solo series. We assume that would be dependent on how well his cameo appearance would be received. If it manages to be positive enough, they might greenlight the show.

Which series would Captain Archer pop up on? Our insider is telling us that Star Trek: Picard would be the likely option since it is probably the highest-profile Star Trek series on the streaming service Paramount+. Considering that the ending of Star Trek: Enterprise directly featured characters from Star Trek: The Next Generation, this does make a lot of sense. And it would be somewhat entertaining to see Scott Bakula and Patrick Stewart get to share some time on screen together. If nothing else, that would be reason enough to bring Captain Archer back. Or he could pop up in Star Trek: Strange New Worlds alongside Captain Christopher Pike. Either way, it would be enjoyable to see two Star Trek captains chumming it up on the screen.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Which series would Captain Archer pop up on? Our insider is telling us that Star Trek: Picard would be the likely option since it is probably the highest-profile Star Trek series on the streaming service Paramount+. Considering that the ending of Star Trek: Enterprise directly featured characters from Star Trek: The Next Generation, this does make a lot of sense.
Uh... What? Does the guy that wrote this article not know Star Trek very well? I'm not seeing how a holodeck episode explains why it'd make any sense for Archer to appear in Picard... Like I said before though, it wouldn't surprise me if that's exactly what these writers do. They always seem to go with the plan that makes the least amount of sense. Also, surprised to see this article says they'd leave open the possibility of an Archer solo series. I mean... I feel Enterprise already did a great deal covering his life, probably more so than most characters. From elements of his childhood, all the way to mentioning he would eventually become President of the Federation. I don't see a need for an Archer solo series at all.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I get the feeling that Paramount is trying out any possible idea for another Star Trek streaming series that they think might draw an audience (and thus more dollars for their streaming service), and part of that comes from response to existing shows. The positive reaction to Captain Pike in Discovery is giving us "Strange New Worlds", and my guess is that Picard did well enough that they'd like to bring back other 90s-2000s Trek characters if they think a show can be built around them. They want to turn Star Trek into a franchise in the same way that Star Wars or Marvel have franchises.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

It makes sense they'd want to build up the franchise. But part of the success those other franchises have is that their characters all live in the same universe in the same era. Star Trek already has this with the TNG/DS9/Voyager era. They're freely able to crossover with other stories with out making some contrived story explanation for why they're able to interact in the first place. The same cannot be said for the Enterprise crew. They'd have to be time traveling or holograms or something in order to get there in the first place.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Yeah, I agree, it would be hard to logically integrate Enterprise into any sort of shared universe, if that's the direction they go.