July Hauls

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
ChaosDeathSaurer
Protoform

Re: July Hauls

Post by ChaosDeathSaurer »

Completely forgot to mention I got the Motley Crue CD "Saints of Los Angeles."
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Yesterday's haul (tiny haul) - Robot Heroes Galvatron and Sunstreaker.
CrossRook
Gestalt Combiner

Post by CrossRook »

LEGO Batman: The Tumbler - The Joker's Ice Cream Surprise
Iron Monger w/Opening Cockpit
Halo 3 Series 2: The Arbiter
Starath
Protoform

Post by Starath »

Heehee, I was wondering when the Hauls thread would pop up...

Before my most recent purchases I've gotten:

TF:A BumbleBee
TF:A Starscream
TF:A Grimlock

I've had a pretty big haul lately. I've been trolling for AniProwl for about a month and so far I'd only seen Ratchet and Blackarachnia. On a whim I poked my head into Target, and there was one Prowl hanging on a hook! I grabbed him and did a song and dance that scared the kid looking at Lockdown.

I spotted the new TF: Universe toys and grabbed Tankor, who's really Octane, only if he was painted yellow he'd look like the SeaDuck in Tale Spin.

I don't understand the Universe toy line though-- they resemble the Classics toys, but are called Universe, a toy line I associate with recolors of BW Depth Charge and such. Is this separate from the previous Universe line or could they not call it Classics this time around?

Today I went back to Target with a friend and we each brought home Leader Class AniMegatron.

I haven't opened him, Prowl or Tankor/Octane yet cuz I should do my homework first. Now all I have to do is resist temptation and save up for TF: A Blitzwing, THE toy I've been anticipating since December.
"Listen, mister alternate dimension! I am ZE real Starscream; the Mighty! I mean THE!"

".... Noooo, I still don't beleef it. I mean, vere ist your chin?"

-- G1 Starscream and TFA Blitzwing-Random
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Starath wrote:I've had a pretty big haul lately. I've been trolling for AniProwl for about a month and so far I'd only seen Ratchet and Blackarachnia. On a whim I poked my head into Target, and there was one Prowl hanging on a hook! I grabbed him and did a song and dance that scared the kid looking at Lockdown.
You got hosed: There's a better Prowl retool coming out later with a sidecar that has awesome samurai armour. I'm skipping this release entirely to get that one.
I don't understand the Universe toy line though-- they resemble the Classics toys, but are called Universe, a toy line I associate with recolors of BW Depth Charge and such. Is this separate from the previous Universe line or could they not call it Classics this time around?
Universe eventually became a catch-all line for any random TF release they wanted--including budget releases of Cybertron toys and the like.

The reason they're calling it Universe this time is that this is a catch-all line for Any Toy That's Not Animated--not just Classics-style toys. For example, later on we're getting an Armada Hot Shot toy and a Cheetor. New moulds, too, not repaints.

Anyway. Went to see the girlfriend today. Stopped at Wal-Mart to get Cheeze Whiz as an in-joke between us--couldn't find it, bought whipped cream instead. And oh was fun had. But I also bought:

-Ozzy Osbourne's No More Tears. One of the recent re-releases. Normally I don't buy music, but I've been looking a lot since I got my car (which clearly only takes CDs) and this one was 'seven bucks' becauseit had a cracked case. Cases are easy to come by (I have an entire box of old PSX CD cases somewhere) so it's no skin off my nose.
-A bag of Cheetos. Save those for later.

Then we went to Pizza Hut, wherein they screwed up our order and we got a free pizza right then and there. I took it home. Breakfast and lunch for this week!

I was too full to drive, so we walked to a local Dollar General where I bought:

-Single-pack VvV Snake Eyes. I bought him for his sword and case, which I can give to my VvV Storm Shadow. $2.
-Spychanger Scourge repainted as G1 Prime. Wanted this for a while, finally found one. $2.

Finally took Tanya to work. She works at the Clearfield Wal-Mart, nights, which--if anyone recalls--is the same one that used to be local when I lived with my mother. And it's...amazingly well stocked. Because I got:

-Classics Prowl. $10.
-GI Joe Comic Pack with Duke and Red Star. $10.

-Mountain Dew Revolution. Normally, I loathe Mountain Dew, but there's three new flavours out that taste all awesome and summery. It's awesome.

Been looking for both for a while. Sunstreaker was also there. Like, eight of him. So I guess he's the unpopular one from the wave? Either way, I can get him later, I figure, so hey. The Joe pack I mostly got for Duke, because I can use him as one of the O13--which just could solve my little Steeler/Short Fuze problem.

Then, I went to the mother's, where I am now. And it turns out she totally bought me:

-Target Exclusive HISS Tank with Cobra Trooper. I asked for the birthday, but she only got me the Night Spectre, Black Snake Eyes, Jolt and Big Daddy. Then she randomly got me this. Awesome.

All in all, not too much spent.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Onslaught Six wrote:
Starath wrote:I've had a pretty big haul lately. I've been trolling for AniProwl for about a month and so far I'd only seen Ratchet and Blackarachnia. On a whim I poked my head into Target, and there was one Prowl hanging on a hook! I grabbed him and did a song and dance that scared the kid looking at Lockdown.
You got hosed: There's a better Prowl retool coming out later with a sidecar that has awesome samurai armour. I'm skipping this release entirely to get that one.
Nah. Getting a toy as awesome as Prowl is in no way getting hosed. Prowl is the awesome.

I mean, I'm likely to get the samurai-sidecar variety, too, but I couldn't wait the...however long until it came out.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

138 Scourge wrote:I mean, I'm likely to get the samurai-sidecar variety, too, but I couldn't wait the...however long until it came out.
Same here. I'm not really a completist, but income *hardly* eludes me. Call me impulsive, I guess. Still no way you'll ever get me to shell out for deluxe Bumblebee though.

Anyway, stopped by Target after work tonight, and HOLY SHIV Universe Voyagers! For some reason I had it in my head that these were TrU exclusive, but whatever. I honestly couldn't care less about Heavy Load, I've got that mold already and don't adore it enough to get it again. But oh man, have I been waiting for Blaster. I missed Cybertron Soundwave, and since my Reissue Soundwave is also *technically* Classics Soundwave, this snazzy repaint could face off against him. Bought'd! I gotta say, it's a pretty cool toy, but not without some serious niggles. That waist (not)connection is going to be the death of me, and I've been contemplating whether his vehicle mode is really worth the fuss it takes to get him into it. Seriously, Alternators have NOTHING on this guy. You look at it funny while transforming it, and you better start massaging that top-cockpit piece again... Anyway, the robot mode rules. I prefer to give him guns in both hands, since to me, the shoulder cannon is Soundwave's Thing. And while Blockrock has no chance of pegging onto the tops of Blaster's wings (You LIE instructions!) he fits in the hole on his forearm just fine. The icing on the cake is the lining they painted around the visor, mimicking Blaster's eyes from the comics and helping make the whole thing look more Blaster-y. And he's just the right size to tussle with Classics/Reissue Soundwave, which is yet another delightful bonus. If you missed CyberSoundwave, or REALLY want a Blaster to hang with your Classics, snap this up. Just appreciate the vehicle mode first before you transform it, you might never get back there again.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

BWprowl wrote:That waist (not)connection is going to be the death of me, and I've been contemplating whether his vehicle mode is really worth the fuss it takes to get him into it. Seriously, Alternators have NOTHING on this guy. You look at it funny while transforming it, and you better start massaging that top-cockpit piece again...
Envy me. Apparently, I managed to do it entirely right the first time. 86 didn't believe me.

Seriously. Took CybSounds out the box, transformed him to robot mode, and...transformed him back. It wasn't that hard. I dunno what all the fuss is about. <.<
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Onslaught Six wrote:Envy me. Apparently, I managed to do it entirely right the first time. 86 didn't believe me.

Seriously. Took CybSounds out the box, transformed him to robot mode, and...transformed him back. It wasn't that hard. I dunno what all the fuss is about. <.<
He is the chosen one come from the prophecy! To look unto him is to look unto the Light itself! The true days shall begin now, and we shall follow him as though we were his own blessed children!
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Yeah! Bow to the guy who confuses Minibots!