Intro and welcome thread

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: Intro and welcome thread

Post by Onslaught Six »

BWprowl wrote:Hey, welcome aboard, Stridercat! I hope you find it fun here!
StriderNeko wrote:I was also collecting other figures at the time, anything from Medabots...
You seen the SH Figuarts Metabee? Thing's looking swank.
Fuck you! Now I have to get it.
while I loved the Binaltech storyline,
I was about to say something, but then I remembered that I'm the guy who likes Energon. ;)
And I liked RID! We're all stupid.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Onslaught Six wrote:
while I loved the Binaltech storyline,
I was about to say something, but then I remembered that I'm the guy who likes Energon. ;)
And I liked RID! We're all stupid.
And I liked RID AND Energon! :?
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

And I loved the hell outta Cybertron, so yup, O6 nailed it. We're all stupid!

Welcome aboard, new kid!
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Welcome! Glad to have you on board!
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Onslaught Six wrote:
BWprowl wrote: You seen the SH Figuarts Metabee? Thing's looking swank.
BTW, sorry, I fumbled my info a bit. It's actually a D-Arts Metabee, D-Arts being that sister-line-sorta-thing to SH Figuarts, which came out the Digimon, and X recently (with Zero upcoming too, but for some god-forsaken reason they went with X1 Zero). Still looks cool, and D-Arts come with better effect parts than Figuarts, so.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

BWprowl wrote:
Onslaught Six wrote:
BWprowl wrote: You seen the SH Figuarts Metabee? Thing's looking swank.
BTW, sorry, I fumbled my info a bit. It's actually a D-Arts Metabee, D-Arts being that sister-line-sorta-thing to SH Figuarts, which came out the Digimon, and X recently (with Zero upcoming too, but for some god-forsaken reason they went with X1 Zero). Still looks cool, and D-Arts come with better effect parts than Figuarts, so.
Does Zero share some parts with X, maybe? Also, isn't the only difference really his shoulders?
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
StriderNeko
Protoform

Post by StriderNeko »

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone :)
Bwprowl wrote: You seen the SH Figuarts Metabee? Thing's looking swank.
I have, and do want! I loved the GBA games, and have *every single one* of the mini-figures, except for the one not released in the US, the... um... schoolgirl one *facepalm*, Brass.
onslaughtsix wrote: Fuck you! Now I have to get it.
Bwprowl wrote:D-Arts Metabee
Once you step down the Metabots slope... Of course, you already have, given that DVD set at Ollies, LOL.
Bwprowl wrote: I ain't crazy about the 4" line either, but no love for the 6" new Thundercats? I've only got Lion-O so far, and yeah, visible joints blah, but he's a really good toy otherwise!
jeditricks wrote:I totally agree on the Thundercats line from Bandai, had Lion-O in my hands last night and just left it on the shelf due to dodgy hinge pins and thick paint and other issues.
Strangely no, I like the 4", but even they have such visible joints. I *really* want the Classics figs. I might eventually pickup the 4", but repaint over the joints. The 6" seem somehow... extremely "obviously" toys, for lack of a better word 0.o
Bwprowl wrote:
striderneko wrote: while I loved the Binaltech storyline,
OnslaughtSix wrote:And I liked RID! We're all stupid.
Shockwave wrote:And I liked RID AND Energon!
138 Scourge wrote:And I loved the hell outta Cybertron, so yup, O6 nailed it. We're all stupid!
LOL, I'm generally not biased against any particular story. Except maybe that creepy mess that is Kiss Players... *shivers*

-Striderneko
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

StriderNeko wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone :)
Bwprowl wrote: You seen the SH Figuarts Metabee? Thing's looking swank.
I have, and do want! I loved the GBA games, and have *every single one* of the mini-figures, except for the one not released in the US, the... um... schoolgirl one *facepalm*, Brass.
onslaughtsix wrote: Fuck you! Now I have to get it.
Bwprowl wrote:D-Arts Metabee
Once you step down the Metabots slope... Of course, you already have, given that DVD set at Ollies, LOL.
Bwprowl wrote: I ain't crazy about the 4" line either, but no love for the 6" new Thundercats? I've only got Lion-O so far, and yeah, visible joints blah, but he's a really good toy otherwise!
jeditricks wrote:I totally agree on the Thundercats line from Bandai, had Lion-O in my hands last night and just left it on the shelf due to dodgy hinge pins and thick paint and other issues.
Strangely no, I like the 4", but even they have such visible joints. I *really* want the Classics figs. I might eventually pickup the 4", but repaint over the joints. The 6" seem somehow... extremely "obviously" toys, for lack of a better word 0.o
Bwprowl wrote:
striderneko wrote: while I loved the Binaltech storyline,
OnslaughtSix wrote:And I liked RID! We're all stupid.
Shockwave wrote:And I liked RID AND Energon!
138 Scourge wrote:And I loved the hell outta Cybertron, so yup, O6 nailed it. We're all stupid!
LOL, I'm generally not biased against any particular story. Except maybe that creepy mess that is Kiss Players... *shivers*

-Striderneko
I don't care for the stories those takara hired writters keep creating for the Binaltech & Alternity toys. it's just that the stories get so crazy & involved,it's like watching simon furman writting his never ending TF stories in the comics.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

So this is less an "intro" (though maybe there are a few people not here from BWTF's old days?) so much as a "holy fuck the guy's alive".

Hard to believe this place has been going five years. Shit.

So... let's see. I took a major leave from transformers around Animated, I had been kinda drifting away from the fandom and used the hike in toy prices around that time as an excuse to stop. That was... all the way back in highschool for me, wowzers. Anyway life's been good to me, I've been working as a literary agent for a while and also had a sweet gig interning at Blizzard Entertainment (I may still do it again this summer), where it turns out my boss (Chris Metzen, writer of Autocracy) was a huge TF fan, and to be honest seeing his office festooned in figures is half of the reason I've been thinking about getting back into the franchise.

Anyway, how the hell have all of you guys been?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Almighty Unicron wrote:So this is less an "intro" (though maybe there are a few people not here from BWTF's old days?) so much as a "holy fuck the guy's alive".

Hard to believe this place has been going five years. Shit.

So... let's see. I took a major leave from transformers around Animated, I had been kinda drifting away from the fandom and used the hike in toy prices around that time as an excuse to stop. That was... all the way back in highschool for me, wowzers. Anyway life's been good to me, I've been working as a literary agent for a while and also had a sweet gig interning at Blizzard Entertainment (I may still do it again this summer), where it turns out my boss (Chris Metzen, writer of Autocracy) was a huge TF fan, and to be honest seeing his office festooned in figures is half of the reason I've been thinking about getting back into the franchise.

Anyway, how the hell have all of you guys been?
Welcome back man! We've been doing good. On personal levels we've all had our ups and downs but all doing well for the most part. And of course been epically derailing threads as usual lol. Got some interesting debates going right now if you wanna jump in. Always good to have more people posting here.