Intro and welcome thread

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: Intro and welcome thread

Post by Sparky Prime »

Almighty Unicron wrote:So this is less an "intro" (though maybe there are a few people not here from BWTF's old days?) so much as a "holy fuck the guy's alive".
Holy fuck, the guy's alive! Long time no see Almighty!
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Almighty Unicron wrote:So this is less an "intro" (though maybe there are a few people not here from BWTF's old days?) so much as a "holy fuck the guy's alive".

Hard to believe this place has been going five years. Shit.

So... let's see. I took a major leave from transformers around Animated, I had been kinda drifting away from the fandom and used the hike in toy prices around that time as an excuse to stop. That was... all the way back in highschool for me, wowzers. Anyway life's been good to me, I've been working as a literary agent for a while and also had a sweet gig interning at Blizzard Entertainment (I may still do it again this summer), where it turns out my boss (Chris Metzen, writer of Autocracy) was a huge TF fan, and to be honest seeing his office festooned in figures is half of the reason I've been thinking about getting back into the franchise.

Anyway, how the hell have all of you guys been?
The last time I spoke to you, RPM was airing! And we were watching it together! And then it went on hiatus and we stopped.

My music thing is going good, so I'm pretty happy with that.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

I've pretty much stopped watching sentai/PR. I've forgotten all of the Japanese I learned, though I re-learned French and picked up Latin.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

You haven't missed much--Gokaiger looked like it was awesome though, but I didn't watch it. PR is doing some interesting stuff with Megaforce but that's about it.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
annhell
Ultra

Post by annhell »

So, I had this spur of the moment impulse to see if TFviews still exists and I find this place still going strong. :D

Think it's been three years, at least, since I showed up here?

How's everybody been?
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

annhell wrote:So, I had this spur of the moment impulse to see if TFviews still exists and I find this place still going strong. :D

Think it's been three years, at least, since I showed up here?

How's everybody been?
Welcome back! We need all the posters we can get! Start recruiting!! :P

It's a little slow, but we're still around and still discussing whatever Transformers related things come to mind. Good to see you.