postal trouble

Buying and trading on the open robot market! Optimus Prime might call this slavery, but he's never had to track down Energon Ultra Magnus before.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

postal trouble

Post by Dominic »

I recently came home to find a package returned to me from Kansas.

The long and short is that an envelope that I sent to Scourge somehow lost its contents.

It was returned to me (sealed) with a stamp that read "received without contents". The stamp on the package confirms that the package was sent from Kansas. I am looking in to this, but the Post office is not being terribly helpful. And, Scourge and I are having trouble remembering what I was sending. (I vageuly recall comics and books).

Given that we know the Post Office has been hiring scabs in recent years, it is entirely possible that some meth-head decided to open the package, take stuff out, and then mark it as being "empty" before resealing and trying to rewrite my address. (Yes, my return address is not written my writing.....and my name is mis-spelled.)

The last package I sent out through the Post Office was to AU. He knows about the situation. We have a tracking number. And, I set the package up to be tamper resistant/evident. Hopefully, that will do the job.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: postal trouble

Post by JediTricks »

Dominic wrote:I recently came home to find a package returned to me from Kansas.

The long and short is that an envelope that I sent to Scourge somehow lost its contents.

It was returned to me (sealed) with a stamp that read "received without contents". The stamp on the package confirms that the package was sent from Kansas. I am looking in to this, but the Post office is not being terribly helpful. And, Scourge and I are having trouble remembering what I was sending. (I vageuly recall comics and books).

Given that we know the Post Office has been hiring scabs in recent years, it is entirely possible that some meth-head decided to open the package, take stuff out, and then mark it as being "empty" before resealing and trying to rewrite my address. (Yes, my return address is not written my writing.....and my name is mis-spelled.)

The last package I sent out through the Post Office was to AU. He knows about the situation. We have a tracking number. And, I set the package up to be tamper resistant/evident. Hopefully, that will do the job.
That sucks! Sorry to hear it. That's why I don't ship with envelopes unless they have plastic in them somehow, usually inside lining, because the sorting machines often cut the paper big shippers open too easily. Consider talking to your postmaster about it.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?