Botcon '12 Exclusives

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Re: Botcon '12 Exclusives

Post by Dominic »

I find it kind of funny that FunPub keeps accidentally choosing to use ‘obscure’ characters that IDW also happens to pick to use at the same time. Last year saw both teams give focus to Ironfist and Pyro, and now we’ve got BotCon’s version of Metalhawk coming out, just as IDW’s setting him up for a role in the RID ongoing. Communication, folks!
Ohohohoho sir. Your sarcasm is very subtle. :lol:

Joking aside, this nicely shows how lazy the Fan Club really is.

Treadshot: I think that's a SHARP looking figure, nice colors on a great mold with a decent new head. But seriously, a reference to a character that only appeared in a Universe 1.0 Battle in a Box set?? That's obscurity for the sake of it. I like the idea of simply using him as a new figure of Armada Sideswipe. The original was one of the biggest turds in TF history, so he deserves an update. Hot Shot got one, so why not?
Not a huge fan of the mould itself. But, yeah, if I were getting the set and did not hate SG, I would probably keep this one.

Tracks: You mean Road Rage? She'll be more than happy on my Classics shelf.
Yeah, if I end up with one of these, it will be the first (and likely only) BotCon figure that I customize. (Granted, this "customizing" will only involved a sticker to correct the colour of the faction sigil. But.....)

I think SG's remit- in practical terms; I don't care what they THINK their remit is- is just to make "nice" Decepticons and "mean" Autobots for the fun of it. They really haven't thought about it at all. Hence hippie Soundwave, purple-haired bare-midriff Sari, and- I assume- brutish tribal Junkions who've never watched TV. It's all very knee-jerk simplistic stuff, the kind you'd see on any given kid's DeviantArt.
This.

Why the hell is it called "Shattered Glass"?
Well, "shat" is the past form of "shit", right?

Dom
-anyone want to split a set?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I'd split one with you bit I think we want some of the same figures. Road Rage especially.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

SG Tracks is not something that I am willing to negotiate on. That is my who reason for buying the set. There is nothing else in the box set that I want, though likely plenty in the 3 or 4 at-show sets that I will be pining for.

What I am betting on/assuming real possibility of:
-black Ironhide.
-Autotroopers (from either Ironhide or Jazz).
-green Ratchet
-Magnificus
-Detritus
-Marlboor
-black/yellow Tracks.

Dom
-also wants the comic....
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

And now the last figure of the set, Metalhawk, has been revealed…

Le sigh.

I get what they were going for, and I have no doubt some people will appreciate it (and even to me it’s kind of amusing that this mold *keeps getting used* for Pretender shells) but the execution… I mean, human heads on the old shells worked because of what they were, and what they were supposed to be. This…this is just a Transformer, with normal the functionality of all his other box-set-mates, at the same scale…who has a normal, human head. Novel? Maybe. Appealing? Not to me. God it just looks weird.

Plus the colors they went with on him are way over-saturated. No way they couldn’t have gone with shades that looked at least a little better.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Ehh.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Yeah, bit it is still much better than that crappy red Tracks.

That toy is a piece of junk. Seriously. The only reason that I even want it is because I feel obligated to get it because I customized a red Tracks.

But, that mould is awful. What does it have going for it? The vehicle mode looks good and fits together well. The robot mode looks good and is fairly well articulated. But, really, we should expect more from out action figures.

I could not blame anybody who got the set if the solf off that figure. And, I would be willing to take it off their hands, just to compliment my own customized figure. But, really, we all know what a steaming pile of dung that figure is going to be.

Dom
-so, anybody falling for this? :|
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Good effort, Dom. Good effort.

Yeah, that Metalhawk's weird lookin', but honestly, the human face doesn't bother me any. If you're gonna bother doing a Pretender, may as well make him look like one or else it's sort of pointless. But I'm not nuts about the mold, don't care for the colors, and don't know a damn thing about the character, so I'm not too into it.

Though, thinking of new versions of Autobot Pretenders, how great would a Classics Longtooth be? So great.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

138 Scourge wrote:Though, thinking of new versions of Autobot Pretenders, how great would a Classics Longtooth be? So great.
Hey, they coulda done THAT with Sea S Pray instead of Octopunch.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

I dunno, man. The Seaspray head's not quite as cool as the proper Octopunch head, but it works. But there's no way it could pass for a proper Walrus head with tusks, and if there's to be a Longtooth, by god I want a walrus man out of it.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

138 Scourge wrote:and don't know a damn thing about the character, so I'm not too into it.
Metalhawk is the Chromedome of Masterforce. Pretty sure he shows Ginrai the ropes, too.
Though, thinking of new versions of Autobot Pretenders, how great would a Classics Longtooth be? So great.
Hell yeah.