does anyone love the animorph toys & think their awesome

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

does anyone love the animorph toys & think their awesome

Post by Tigermegatron »

Does anyone here actually love "the animorphs" TF toys & think their great toys with great toy engineering,great sculpt? or does everyone agree these toys are pure awful.

Personally I think the animorph toys are pure garbage & a waste of good plaastic.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Re: does anyone love the animorph toys & think their awesome

Post by Gomess »

I don't remember them, but that might be because Animorphs was one of those things that just didn't appeal to me, I might've subconsciously avoided anything related to it. Or... when were the Animorphs toys, like 1999? I was 14, I wasn't looking for toys! But ok, I'll look them up on TFU and get back to you!

I looked them up on TFU, and now I'm gonna get back to you.

Well, considering the time, I think they did the best they could. We're talking about human to animal, here, not robot to car. That's hard as rocky. Some of them have admirable amounts of detail, but it is annoying that the limbs are invariably just animal limbs. The more overtly monstrous/alien ones at least look fun, and not restricted by their transformation.

Rachel the lion is pretty cool.

They look about on the level of the original Headmasters or Pretenders, construction-wise.
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

I never got any of the Animorph toys myself because they didn't appeal to me. Plus never cared that, because they're a human to animal transformation, obviously they can't hide the kibble as well as they'd need to for a fully realized human form, unlike the robotic Transformers figures that don't need to hide all the kibble. Still, I could see how they would appeal to fans of the Animorph books/series and they aren't the worst transforming figures I've seen.

And when the line was scrapped they ended up re-purposing and slightly re-working a few Animorph figures into the Beast Wars Mutants, which were different for Transformers... but I'd say they turned out to be some interesting figures.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

The alien ones were the best. And that boss-ass one that turned into the T-Rex, always wanted that.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Yeah, Rachel the tribadial lion was friggin' awesome, if only for the wrong reasons.

The tri-rex was fucking awful. I got one for customizing, and never got around to it. That was the center-piece toy of the line, and it was one of the worst "Transformers" figures that I have ever seen. (Seriously, it was arguably worse than G1 Ironhide and Ratchet.)

Dom
-fears the possibility of "Animorphs" fanfic.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Dominic wrote:-fears the possibility of "Animorphs" fanfic.
You don't even want to hear about some of the fanfic I wrote in my early teens. (It involved a shared universe between Animorphs, the Alien films, Pokemon, Transformers, and damn near everything else I could come up with.)
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Dominic wrote:Yeah, Rachel the tribadial lion was friggin' awesome, if only for the wrong reasons.

The tri-rex was fucking awful. I got one for customizing, and never got around to it. That was the center-piece toy of the line, and it was one of the worst "Transformers" figures that I have ever seen. (Seriously, it was arguably worse than G1 Ironhide and Ratchet.)

Dom
-fears the possibility of "Animorphs" fanfic.
I agree on both accounts.

Rachel the lion was just WRONG because she turned into a male lion with a mane instead of turning into a female lion.

the Tri-rex was pure awful in the individual 3 robot modes. fans were making jokes that rachel about rachel's hand weapon.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Yeah, turning into animals is fine, but sex changes? EWWWWWW
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

About half of Beast Wars' cast must've freaked TigerMegs right out, huh?
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

138 Scourge wrote:About half of Beast Wars' cast must've freaked TigerMegs right out, huh?
I didn't care for the Beastwars season one CGI designs as it reminded me of the claymation.

I liked the CGI designs better for beastwars season 2 & 3.