Kre-O

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Kre-O

Post by Shockwave »

So what's the buzz around here? Anyone intersted? So far I like what I see and I might be interested. Especially since the next year or so is going to be straight movie crap otherwise.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Re: Kre-O

Post by Tigermegatron »

Shockwave wrote:So what's the buzz around here? Anyone intersted? So far I like what I see and I might be interested. Especially since the next year or so is going to be straight movie crap otherwise.
i think these KRO-TF toys are great if someone is a kitbasher/customizer.

out of all the KRE-O TF toys I like & might buy the Starscream set. I love the fact that it looks like the HFTD Leader sized Starscream toys but in G-1 colors & decals. I think the G-1 styled head looks great on this toy. I noticed they gave the toy a Dream wave styled 4 barrel seeker clone hand missle weapon. which is cool as it's a homage to the comics.

I kinda wish they recolor the HFTD Leader sized starscream toy in those KRE-O G-1 colors & give the mold as G-1 starcream head sculpt.

I'm just hoping the joint structure is more firm & tighter jointed compared to the "built to rule" transformers from years ago.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I agree that Starscream does look pretty nice. I wonder how these will interact with regular Legos.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

They look kind of cool, nd I like the little mini-fig dudes. But I think I'll pss on this line unless they mke Grimlock or Scourge or something like that.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I am likely to be skipping this line as well. It is better than BTR. But, that is not much of an improvement.

Dom
-settling in to wait for Ricochet.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

I dunno, they almost look cool. But I get super-annoyed at the idea of having to completely disassemble the thing and rebuild it from the ground up every time I want to go from one mode to the other. I like Transformers toys because of the fun of being able to flick back and forth between two modes in an intuitive way in a few minutes. Having to drag out an instruction booklet to rebuilt a big pile of generic pieces every time I decide I want Optimus in the opposite mode sounds like the opposite of fun.

At least that not-Lego Prime Takara made a while back could transform between both modes once it was constructed.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

BWprowl wrote:I dunno, they almost look cool. But I get super-annoyed at the idea of having to completely disassemble the thing and rebuild it from the ground up every time I want to go from one mode to the other. I like Transformers toys because of the fun of being able to flick back and forth between two modes in an intuitive way in a few minutes. Having to drag out an instruction booklet to rebuilt a big pile of generic pieces every time I decide I want Optimus in the opposite mode sounds like the opposite of fun.

At least that not-Lego Prime Takara made a while back could transform between both modes once it was constructed.
Are we sure that's really how these work though? Some of them look like they're designed to transform once assembled. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Shockwave wrote:
BWprowl wrote:I dunno, they almost look cool. But I get super-annoyed at the idea of having to completely disassemble the thing and rebuild it from the ground up every time I want to go from one mode to the other. I like Transformers toys because of the fun of being able to flick back and forth between two modes in an intuitive way in a few minutes. Having to drag out an instruction booklet to rebuilt a big pile of generic pieces every time I decide I want Optimus in the opposite mode sounds like the opposite of fun.

Are we sure that's really how these work though? Some of them look like they're designed to transform once assembled. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
I was kinda hoping/guessing they'd be able to transform back & forth once assembled.

I'm really hoping that G-1 Kre-o starscream's head is sort of compatible with the HFTD leader sized starscream toy. love to give that HFTD toy a g-1 styled robot head.

Too bad hasbro never repainted that HFTD leader sized starscream toy in various seeeker colors & gave it a newer seekers styled G-1 head sculpt. sort of like they did with the 2007 movie starscream mold.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

They look better than the "Built to Rule" line they tried a few years back... But I'm not a fan of not-Lego Transformers personally. I just prefer the regular Transformers.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Or regular Legos for that matter. I dunno, I've always liked the idea of making transformers out of Legos (I actually made a passable Optimus Prime at one point), now instead of fan created wannabes we have actual sets (not officially Lego, but still). Y'know, here's a question: I wonder why since Hasbro has the licensing for Star Wars toys and Legos also makes Star Wars sets, couldn't Hasbro have just worked out a deal with Lego to do actual Lego sets? That's what I kinda don't get.

Also, I'm noticing that Bluestreak's minifig is Diaclone colored and wondering if they'll follow suit with the full version. If so it would be the first time that color scheme had been sold at mass retail in the US.