Kre-O

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Re: Kre-O

Post by 138 Scourge »

Aw, dang, man. You should have hit up a Target for the Kre-O Megatron first. They're clearanced right now for fifteen bucks, which is a pretty decent price for a huge pile of bricks.

For my part, I'm thinking about getting tiny Bumblebee next. I like the look of the bigger one okay, but I like Bumblebee as a little dude.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Ah dang. At least it saves me a trip to Target.

So, I take this to mean that Kre-O is Kan-celled?
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Apparently not. I read a thing from...UK Toyfair, maybe, something like that? Anyway. Kre-O Devastator is a thing that's happening. This'll be a combiner with an involved combination, anyway.

I mean, apparently there's to be more smaller sets and all, but Kre-O Devastator's the one I'm interested in.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

138 Scourge wrote:Apparently not. I read a thing from...UK Toyfair, maybe, something like that? Anyway. Kre-O Devastator is a thing that's happening. This'll be a combiner with an involved combination, anyway.

I mean, apparently there's to be more smaller sets and all, but Kre-O Devastator's the one I'm interested in.
I'm wondering, will that be G1 based or ROTF based?
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

No idea, there were no pictures allowed. Here's the article, though: http://www.fullmetalhero.com/content/fm ... 2012-2737/

Hm. Movie colors, apparently? Don't care for that as much, but we'll see how it turns out. Hoping the Kreons look like lil' G1 Constructicons, at least.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Kre-O Prowl:
I figured that I have Jazz and Mirage, I may as well get Prowl, who is as much a favourite as Mirage if not quite Jazz.

Prowl is a larger set (I forget how many pieces) than either of the other two. There are small extras to the vehicle mode that demonstate a bit more thought/effort in the design of the design. Unfortunately, the robot mode is terrible. (I flipped through the instructions before putting this one together. And, I can honestly say that Prowl's robot mode is worse than anything that I have seen from the line.) Additionally, my set either has missing pieces or the instruction book has a printing error (in terms of two pieces being the wrong colour). I was able to fudge the sirens together with off-colour pieces that are not called for elsewhere on the vehicle option, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth all the same.

The Kreon figures are a little better than average. Prowl has a smirk that looks almost evocative of Roche's art. (I have no idea how deliberate this is.) I can almost see him saying that he has a plan. The human figure is a SWAT member. This thing scares the hell out of me. Most of the face is covered by a painted on mask. But, the visible eyes speak of a great rage and potential for violence. And, this little Kreon is well armed. Hell, it is better armed than a good many regular TF figures and could probably hold off a "GI Joe" or two. And, unlike most Kreons that come with a hat and/or helmet, this one is well armed. The kit includes a sprue with 3 guns, (incluning an obscenely over-sized rifle), a walky talky, a mysterious box and handcuffs. Sadly, there is no riot shield.

I am afraid to put this toy away. On the off chance that my toys come to life, I do not want this one mad at me. So, I am keeping it out...surrounded by my happier Kreons.

Joking aside, the SWAT figure makes me wonder if this set was not intended to be Barricade at first.

Overall, this is probably my favourite set so far. As flawed as the robot mode is, it is not that far behind the curve for the line. And, the extra accessories for the SWAT figure more than make up for it. The Prowl Kreon's smirk is also a nice toych. I am being generous in the grading, and would still not recommend this line for anybody who is not already a fan of Lego or a TF completist.

Grade: C

Dom
-waiting for Megatron.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

138 Scourge wrote:Apparently not. I read a thing from...UK Toyfair, maybe, something like that? Anyway. Kre-O Devastator is a thing that's happening. This'll be a combiner with an involved combination, anyway.

Oh man, I know I'm not a Kre-O man, but the thought of this thing appeals to me, I gotta say. I don't know why, but the idea of a big, Lego-y Devastator just appeals to me.

Might be the same reason I was halfway to buying that Mega Bloks Shinken-Oh/Samurai Megazord the other day.

Anyway, yeah, I'ma keeping an eye on this one.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Well I did put this together a few years ago. Probably doesn't look AS Devastatory as the Hasbro one will though.

Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Onslaught Six wrote:http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ed-174301/

You'd be surprised...