Just for the hell of it

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Re: Just for the hell of it

Post by 138 Scourge »

BWprowl wrote:Oh god, you know what stupid little thing I just love? TFs storing their guns in subspace pockets. I just dig the idea of them *VWIP*ing out their weapons at a moment's notice when the time comes.

And though I generally dislike the way the fanclub fiction handles things, I won't pretend that I'm not happy it's canon now.
Dude, I wish to hell that I could store things in subspace pockets so much. But I'm always gonna like the term "Hammerspace" better.

Y'know something I love that probably nobody else likes? Snaptrap's way of calling the other Seacons in...whatever Japanese cartoon that was in. Masterforce? It's ridiculous and annoying, dude's like "YIPyipyipyipyipyipyipyipyipyipyip..." and I can just picture the Autobots hearing that and just saying "Oooohhhhh balls. Not that!" It's the worst battle cry ever, but I love it anyway.

And immediately after he calls his boys and becomes Piranacon, he fights Ginrai, but to me it looks like to of my favorite G1 toys throwing the hell down, so I love that scene a lot.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Onslaught Six wrote:Or maybe Mirage was just covering his own ass after being outed as a traitor.
Cliffjumper sure thought so later on.

I sorta liked BM Megahead, both the figure and the concept, although the figure was not as good as it could be. Then again, that's not saying anything, BM Megs had zero good figures in regular format, so Megahead might be it.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Ooh

Ooh

Unique altmodes!

I've had enough sports cars and fighter planes for a while now, thanks, Hasbro! Man I appreciated the Seacons when they came out. I went to town with my brother just to get the full team gift box.
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Not to mention TANKS.

Seriously; I mean, I get it. It's a pretty easy way to make a bad guy character seem like he's a threat. But it's...It's like beating down Worf or killing a third-string comic character. Nobody cares if you kill Steel; Steel sucks anyway. Nobody cares if you're a tank, the last guy was a tank too.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Onslaught Six wrote:Not to mention TANKS.

Seriously; I mean, I get it. It's a pretty easy way to make a bad guy character seem like he's a threat. But it's...It's like beating down Worf or killing a third-string comic character. Nobody cares if you kill Steel; Steel sucks anyway. Nobody cares if you're a tank, the last guy was a tank too.
I just have to say that, despite what TV tropes may claim, Worf whooped up on plenty of opponents. He wasn't always getting beat up just to show how tough the bad guy of the week was.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

The original cartoon scene change. Thrilled me to no end to see it again when they brought it back for RID. Hell for that matter RID. RID was awesome.

ROTF: But this bad guy is... A BIGGER TANK!! That's also a jet fighter!!!
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

JediTricks wrote:
I sorta liked BM Megahead, both the figure and the concept, although the figure was not as good as it could be. Then again, that's not saying anything, BM Megs had zero good figures in regular format, so Megahead might be it.
That was gonna be a tough one to make a figure of, though. Guy hanging from a ceiling done up in a kind of robe or cape kind of deal, then he turns into a dragon. Great for the show, not really that conducive to a good toy, perhaps.

That said, I sort of like "Not so Mega" Megatron. Not enough to defend it as a good toy, but enough to admit to liking it.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Ah yes, the "Housecoat of doom". One of the many customs I am planning is to make one for TM II Megs.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Shockwave wrote:Ah yes, the "Housecoat of doom". One of the many customs I am planning
Aww man, at first I thought you said "one of the many costumes" and I got all excited. =p

[/cosplayer]
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did