Power Core Combiners: Mysterious new line?

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: Power Core Combiners: Mysterious new line?

Post by Onslaught Six »

No. What it actually is is that the Scouts are compatible with the drone Minicons from the $20 sets.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

That's it, I'm out. I'll probably return the set I have for something better. Is Jetblade any good?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Did you like Dirge? I don't have him, managed to miss it, pissed at myself.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I missed him too, otherwise I'd probably have a good idea about Jetblade. Looked pretty good though.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I might be able to get behind these if there are any Cybertronian looking teams in the works. (Out of scale Earth vehicles annoy me enough on their own, even without the other problems this line seems to have.)

I really wanted to be more enthusiastic about this line.

Dom
-25 years, and still no good merge teams.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

I miiiight get the dinosaur merge team, just out of misplaced love for dino-related TFs. Not promising anything, though.

Also, Dirge is pretty okay. He's not amazing, but is not half bad. I mean, I liked Thrust more, but I get the feeling I liked Thrust more than most people. Robot mode's a little clunky, especially with the tailpiece kibble, but he's got a fun transformation and a neat-o robot mode. If it's a choice between Jetblade and the Power Core guys, I'd say go with Jetblade, but I don't think that mold's cool enough for me to get two of.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Just a quick jump in late in the thread. I have 2 of the basics, they range between lame and ultrasuck. The minicons in the 2packs are crap, they don't peg together, they don't turn into anything, you just reposition limbs and you have some random trashy cheap-looking thing. Of the 2, Caliburst has some value in his other modes thanks to his kibble gears, while Backwind is possibly the worst TF I've ever had.

As for the figures themselves, Huffer is lazily done but isn't too terrible even in core mode, just not particularly good (especially at the pricepoint). Searchlight is unbearable though, a helicopter only from the sides and front, the back and bottom visually are just robot bits folded around. Bot mode has a lot of big kibble and shoulders that just appear from more kibble, not tied into the chest, and not locked down. Awful awful awful. Both figures suffer from the PCC blue combiner blocks showing, Huffer it's not too bad while Searchlight all 4 of them are right in your face in both modes sucking more life out of this turkey.

I might get 1 of the multipacks on sale, but I think PCC is really more Zzz.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Dominic wrote:I really wanted to be more enthusiastic about this line.
You and me both. It infuriates me that I'm more excited about the line that's just GI Joe-ing the same 20-odd 1984 guys again, instead of the line that's giving us a ton of brand-new characters and unexplored concepts. Your execution has failed my dreams, Hasbro!
Dom
-25 years, and still no good merge teams.
This is the obligatory part where I go: Liokaiser, Magnaboss, Tripredacus, Build King, JR-fuckin-X.

ROTF Legends Devastator was okay too.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

JRX/Railracer is pure win. I really think that was the perfect combiner. It had actual hands and feet and a head and did it all proportionately without parts forming. On top of that, it was sturdy and poseable as hell.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Shockwave wrote:JRX/Railracer is pure win. I really think that was the perfect combiner. It had actual hands and feet and a head and did it all proportionately without parts forming. On top of that, it was sturdy and poseable as hell.
If only the center piece could have been more than the waist and hip armor! Still, I have to agree. Great combiner.