Marvel/TF crossover imaginary wishlist

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Marvel/TF crossover imaginary wishlist

Post by 138 Scourge »

From what I understand, people seem to kinda like 'em. More than they did the Megamorphs, anyhow. The sad thing is, the best-looking toy in the line so far is one of my least favorite Marvel characters ever. I don't care if the Alt. mode's cool-looking and the robot mode's tolerable despite the awkward-looking transformation, I will not buy any damn Venom toy unless he's packaged with a Puma toy.

But...y'know, SWTFs seemed sort of goofy at first, too, and yet, some decent things came outta that. Or at the very least, some things that didn't make a lick of logical sense, but were still too awesome to ignore (I still have every intention of owning an AT-AT and Death Star Vader someday).

Soooo....anything that this line could throw at you that'd be impossible to resist? For me, there's a few:

Doctor Victor Von Doom: This guy is, to me, the coolest Marvel villain ever. Oh, sure, Magneto may be the best thought out one with the most logical motivations, but Von Doom wins by awesome points. I've started collecting figures of Victor Von Doom, so, unless his toy was the stupidest abomination possible, I'd have to buy it....actually, hell...even then. Say, some sort of awesome spacecraft, with "Latverian Air Command" decals on it (not that Latverian ships would have English writing, but still...)

MODOK: Mental Organism Designed Only For Kicking ass. I love MODOK. A transforming MODOK that turned into..well, almost anything would be pretty nifty.

The Punisher: I wasn't a big fan of Frank Castle until Matt Fraction made him awesome in Punisher War Journal. Now, I'd just about buy a Punisherformer. Besides, he has a super-science-villain working with him now as his armorer, so this would almost make sense for the character. Alt. Mode...battle van would be nice. Some sort of seige vehicle...I could see it.

Ultron: Well, he's a robot anyway. An invincible giant robot that turned into a super-awesome tank, with a prominent Ultron-face like front to it? That makes perfect sense.

Power Pack: Dear Marvel. Some kind of Power Pack toys GOD DAMN IT! Love: Me. Admittedly, it's a stretch to see this happening, as there's four of 'em, but I could picture four smaller toys, say, Legends-size, with simpler transformations that pulled some sorta Energon-Perceptor-level combination into a "giant" robot. Again, I could way see this happening in one of their comics.

So, how's 'bout you guys? Anything you'd love to see here?
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
onslaught86

Re: Marvel/TF crossover imaginary wishlist

Post by onslaught86 »

Heh. Now, I actually like Venom as a character, but his toy commits the cardinal sin of having PAINTED WINDOWS RARGH, so it's a sale-only purchase for me.

Most excited about Hulk after hearing he has punchy action, that's keen. The figure looks exceedingly Transtech in style, and cries for a repaint as Immorticon. I may well get both the regular flavour and the repaint.
Iron Man and Human Torch fail to excite, and Wolverine..ehhhh. I dig Wolverine as a character, but I dig over-the-top modern Logan-Wolverine, less so the spandex-clad yellow and blue flavour. So him we'll see on.

Totally with you on Doctor Doom and Punisher/Van, those I'd buy. Going to have to have a think, since a lot of the more interesting Marvel chars don't have obvious vehicles. Hrm.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Dangit Scourge, you beat me to mentioning the idea of a Marvel TF Power Pack gestalt! That was the FIRST THING that went through my mind when I found out about these things! I've even kinda figured oout vehicles for them. Alex would be a hovercar, Julie would be a jet, Katie would be a cute little Warpathish tank, and Jack...well, I haven't figured 'em ALL out! Would be so awesome though...

Ghost Rider seems like a no brainer, though you'd have to buy two to get it to work properly.

Huh, can't really think of any others. Power Pack aside, I'm more of a DC guy, so there aren't a lot of Marvel characters that come to mind. Ah well...
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

I have no idea what Jack would be, either. Not many vehicles exactly work with the whole "density-altering/cloud" power...though, going by his character in the new Pack books, I'm sure Jack would ask for a racecar with chainsaws and/or machine guns.

Hey, if they combined like the ol' Micromaster gestalts, the merge part/vehicle bit could be made to look like Friday.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Misanthrope Prime
Dinobot

Post by Misanthrope Prime »

Man-thing/fanboat would be boss.

Namor/submarine is also a no brainer.

Mr. Fantastic (or thing, or Sue)/Fantasticar, naturally

Jack Power could, I guess, be a blimp.

And, how about they update the Red Ronin? Make him into a helicopter with sword blades.

Oh, oh! And Howard the Duck/DUKW

Galactus/Planet

Blade could also be a motorcycle, maybe a remold of Ghostrider

Dock Ock could be either a helicopter, or a sub, depending on which way you want to take
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Professor X/X-Jet. I demand robowheelchair.
CrossRook
Gestalt Combiner

Post by CrossRook »

Deadpool as the most complex figure in the line! Who only transforms to himself (or perhaps as added irony, Agent X!).