Jurassic Park x Transformers

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Jurassic Park x Transformers

Post by Sparky Prime »

Hasbro has revealed another Transformers crossovers collaborative project, this time being with Jurassic Park.

The set includes Tyrannocon Rex (repaint of Kingdom Megatron, with a new robot mode head) and Autobot JP93 (apparently a new mold, based on the Jurassic Park Ford Explorer).
Transformers robots have always been — More Than Meets the Eye — but now, through the Transformers Collaborative, fans can experience these larger than life characters as they team-up, mash-up, and meet up with other characters, teams, and people who share this same special quality. Worlds collide in this Transformers-Jurassic Park mash-up pack! The iconic T. rex and Ford Explorer from the movie, Jurassic Park, are now Transformers robots, called Tyrannocon Rex and Autobot JP93! The Tyrannocon Rex figure converts into T. rex mode in 27 steps and the Autobot JP93 figure converts into licensed Ford Explorer mode in 18 steps. Both figures feature deco and details inspired by the Jurassic Park movie. Includes one blaster accessory. Tyrannocon Rex is loose. Repeat: Tyrannocon Rex is loose. Do not panic. Autobot JP93 has been dispatched and is equipped to handle the situation. JP93 will track down the asset out of containment and return her to her paddock promptly. If you see Tyrannocon Rex, do not approach her. Please call Jurassic Park Security when you are safely out of range.
The set is already up for pre-order on Amazon for $104.99 and is expected to ship November 1st.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Re: Jurassic Park x Transformers

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Well, that was inevitable. I was actually joking with Dom about this just a couple weeks ago.

I find the T-Rex robot mode paint fairly lackluster.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Any crossover that increases the visibility of the brand is a good thing. Looks good!
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Ursus mellifera wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:28 amI find the T-Rex robot mode paint fairly lackluster.
Yeah, I have to agree. Obviously the beast mode is meant to be the main focus here with the paint job on that being excellent. But the robot mode looks so flat by comparison, almost like they forgot about it needing paint. This could have been an exceptional figure if they'd been as detailed with the paint on the robot mode. But I guess they needed to cut the cost somewhere with the level of detail they put into the beast mode.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Middling execution of a bad concept.

What is the base mold for the jeep? I recognize, but cannot quite place, it.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Dominic wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:30 pm Middling execution of a bad concept.

What is the base mold for the jeep? I recognize, but cannot quite place, it.
I'm pretty sure it's a heavy remold of the Earthrise Trailbreaker/Hoist mold.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Dominic wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:30 pmWhat is the base mold for the jeep? I recognize, but cannot quite place, it.
Shockwave wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:04 amI'm pretty sure it's a heavy remold of the Earthrise Trailbreaker/Hoist mold.
There is something about it that looks familiar... But I think it's actually a new mold.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

To my eyes, it's non-reuse. Which is not good because there's some issues with that design, like the hideous feet. That said, it's an overall fun looking set.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?