Transformers + Ghostbusters licensed Transformer: Ectotron

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Transformers + Ghostbusters licensed Transformer: Ectotron

Post by JediTricks »

It's real, and it's available for preorder:

http://www.tfviews.com/news/toysandcollectibles/3306

I couldn't help myself. Turning the sensor equipment at the top of the Ecto-1 into the proton pack and neutrino wand was a clever idea.

What figure are they borrowing the general layout from? I can't quite tell.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
andersonh1

Re: Transformers + Ghostbusters licensed Transformer: Ectotr

Post by andersonh1 »

What a fun idea for a Transformer. We need more franchise crossovers. I'd love a 60s Batmobile Transformer myself. :mrgreen:
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

He appears to be getting G1 style packaging. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I like seeing only genuine figures from that era in that packaging. On the other hand, it does look good, and I like the green slime dripping from the character in the box art!

JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

andersonh1 wrote:What a fun idea for a Transformer. We need more franchise crossovers. I'd love a 60s Batmobile Transformer myself. :mrgreen:
Can't say I wouldn't love that! How about an '89 Batwing?

andersonh1 wrote:He appears to be getting G1 style packaging. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I like seeing only genuine figures from that era in that packaging. On the other hand, it does look good, and I like the green slime dripping from the character in the box art!

They're both 35 years old, so why not harken back? I would have liked a little more Ghostbusters feel to the front, but the techspec has fields just for busting ghosts.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?