Fun Publications license to expire in 2016

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Fun Publications license to expire in 2016

Post by Dominic »

There are reports that Fun Publications is going to lose the TF license in 2016. There are also reports that people cannot register for anything past the end of 2016. Might this be the end of Fun Publications' BotCon and subscription services?

Obviously, time will tell. But, I cannot say I would be too upset by the idea of Fun Publications losing the license. In the 10+ years they held the license, they did not really do much that was very good. They have made some nice toys. But, that does not really set Fun Publications above above Hasbro or Takara in any way beyond price. 1

Their comics (and other content) ranged from middling to terrible. Their biggest contribution to content was a multiversal naming convention. But, that is offset by some exceptionally self-indulgent and fannish content using that multiverse.
andersonh1

Re: Fun Publications license to expire in 2016

Post by andersonh1 »

Eh, it might be good to get some new people and new ideas on the fan club side of things.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: Fun Publications license to expire in 2016

Post by Onslaught Six »

I am figuring the deal will be finalized properly after Botcon next year. I would be worried if there are no 2017 announcements at the convention.

How long is the Joe license for at this point? Considering it is basically half of the Joe line's output st this point, losing it would be a huge blow to the line.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.