Angry Birds Transformers is soon to be a thing!

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Angry Birds Transformers is soon to be a thing!

Post by JediTricks »

Here's the news I just posted...

http://www.tfviews.com/news/entertainment/1906

Now, do I believe this will result in transformable ABTF figures? No. But we will see a lot of Telepods figures, which are immobile little things (the racers have rolling wheels though) and sell in 2-packs and 5-packs with little clear magnifying-glass stands so your smart device can read the tiny QR code on the bottom of each figure to unlock it in the game. A LOT. OF AUTOBIRDS. AND DECEPTIHOGS.

(And if this weren't enough, the "Angry Birds Stella" mentioned in the press release is a GIRLIE VERSION OF ANGRY BIRDS!!!! What in the hell?)
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Angry Birds Transformers is soon to be a thing!

Post by Shockwave »

JediTricks wrote:Here's the news I just posted...

http://www.tfviews.com/news/entertainment/1906

Now, do I believe this will result in transformable ABTF figures? No. But we will see a lot of Telepods figures, which are immobile little things (the racers have rolling wheels though) and sell in 2-packs and 5-packs with little clear magnifying-glass stands so your smart device can read the tiny QR code on the bottom of each figure to unlock it in the game. A LOT. OF AUTOBIRDS. AND DECEPTIHOGS.

(And if this weren't enough, the "Angry Birds Stella" mentioned in the press release is a GIRLIE VERSION OF ANGRY BIRDS!!!! What in the hell?)
I'm actually kind of excited for this. I've enjoyed both of the Star Wars versions of Angry Birds and look forward to seeing what they do with the Transformers version.

Also, what in the hell? It seems like we just can't get away from the whole gender discussion, can we? :roll: I mean, its two thousand fucking fourteen, do we really need to gender stereotype like this? Or as John Oliver would put it: Why is this still a thing?
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Frankly, I'm amazed it took them this long.

Inevitable cash-cow crossover that it is, I'm rather nonplussed. I've managed to never play Angry Birds, but the kiddies seem to like it well enough, and the defining game of my generation is one where an Italian plumber steps on turtles, so who am I to judge? Plus that TFTM-parody artwork is just too damn amusing, it looks like they actually put a little bit of thought into it. I might grab one or two of the figurines if they look cute enough.
JediTricks wrote:(And if this weren't enough, the "Angry Birds Stella" mentioned in the press release is a GIRLIE VERSION OF ANGRY BIRDS!!!! What in the hell?)
I'm with Shockles on this, how is this even a thing? Original Recipe Angry Birds always seemed to have a pretty broad, unisex, general cartoon appeal; was it actually doing poorly enough with the girls' market that they felt the need for a dedicated stereotyped girl version? Honestly, this is more likely to piss off more people than it placates. Did Hasbro learn nothing from Nerf Rebelle?

I woulda called 'em 'Decepbacons', myself.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Rovio would be the ones creating Angry Chicks... Man.

Decepbacons! I love it! :lol: Because everything's better with bacon. Even Decepticons.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

BWprowl wrote:Frankly, I'm amazed it took them this long.
Yeah, after the Angry Birds Star Wars crossover took off a couple years ago, it seemed like it was only a matter of time until they launched some more crossover series.

Why is Daniel one of the pigs? Being one of the Autobots allies, shouldn't he be a bird?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I'm guessing because he was always a liability, therefore: Pig. Also, I like Unipork.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

Angry birds... Stella?
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Shockwave wrote:I'm actually kind of excited for this. I've enjoyed both of the Star Wars versions of Angry Birds and look forward to seeing what they do with the Transformers version.

Also, what in the hell? It seems like we just can't get away from the whole gender discussion, can we? :roll: I mean, its two thousand fucking fourteen, do we really need to gender stereotype like this? Or as John Oliver would put it: Why is this still a thing?
I also have enjoyed both SW Angry Birds games, as well as Rio (despite it being depressing) and the regular games. I haven't tried AB GO! yet but it seems like this will be a good vehicle-based piece of play in here, what with unconfirmed toylines including a racers series.

As for the girlie version of AB, it makes no sense to me really, mobile gaming and social gaming is played way more by females than console and PC games, they already play the Angry Birds game. So yeah, exactly, did we really need Lady Angry Birds? Seems weird.

Inevitable cash-cow crossover that it is, I'm rather nonplussed. I've managed to never play Angry Birds, but the kiddies seem to like it well enough, and the defining game of my generation is one where an Italian plumber steps on turtles, so who am I to judge? Plus that TFTM-parody artwork is just too damn amusing, it looks like they actually put a little bit of thought into it. I might grab one or two of the figurines if they look cute enough.
JediTricks wrote:(And if this weren't enough, the "Angry Birds Stella" mentioned in the press release is a GIRLIE VERSION OF ANGRY BIRDS!!!! What in the hell?)
I'm with Shockles on this, how is this even a thing? Original Recipe Angry Birds always seemed to have a pretty broad, unisex, general cartoon appeal; was it actually doing poorly enough with the girls' market that they felt the need for a dedicated stereotyped girl version? Honestly, this is more likely to piss off more people than it placates. Did Hasbro learn nothing from Nerf Rebelle?

I woulda called 'em 'Decepbacons', myself.
Really? This long? Transformers is a big fish in a small pond. Yeah it's an iconic one but it's not Star Wars-big, ya know? I'm impressed the license went here, it's surely not an obvious choice.

I wonder what the numbers for play on AB are now, it seems like the brand is slowly falling off in the public conversation.

They added a girl bird to AB not all that long ago, the AB Stella game stars her, but they're all after eggs, so why aren't they all female really? There was no gender necessary until they brought in Princess Leia.

Is Nerf Rebelle not doing well? They pushed out another wave of it around here and it still looks weird but there are some fun blasters in there actually, just girlied up as well.

Decepbacons is not a bad one, but it doesn't follow the meter as well.

Sparky Prime wrote:
Yeah, after the Angry Birds Star Wars crossover took off a couple years ago, it seemed like it was only a matter of time until they launched some more crossover series.

Why is Daniel one of the pigs? Being one of the Autobots allies, shouldn't he be a bird?
I wondered that as well, and finally realized because Daniel sucks and was always getting into trouble.

Shock wrote:Also, I like Unipork.
Unipork: the other multiversal singularity

Almighty Unicron wrote:Angry birds... Stella?
Points for esoteric reference. Man do I miss their show.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

I heard of it but never got into it. So it's a easy pass.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

Tigermegatron wrote:I heard of it but never got into it. So it's a easy pass.
Oh, Stella was great. You should try finding some pirated episodes, I don't think they ever put it on DVD.