TF Hero Mashers - the swappable-limb Action Masters

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
JediTricks
Site Admin

TF Hero Mashers - the swappable-limb Action Masters

Post by JediTricks »

So I saw a trio of these at TRU yesterday here in Culver City, Optimus, Megatron, and Bulkhead basic $10 figures - none of which are listed in the original wave 1 case, so I dunno what is up with that.

Anyway, if you've been down a toy aisle in the last 6 months or so, you've seen Hasbro's Super Hero Mashers with Marvel characters - 7" action figures with snap-apart limbs and swappable accessories - and this is the same line but now Transformers can be mixed and matched as well. The good thing about these TF figures is they have their own sculpts; the bad thing is of course they don't have alt modes. But the sculpts and paint really are soft and simple for the younger set, they really are akin to Action Masters.

So, do these seem like something you're going to get? They are G1-focused, unlike the deluxe Optimus which I think is movie-focused.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
andersonh1

Re: TF Hero Mashers - the swappable-limb Action Masters

Post by andersonh1 »

G1 based figures always tempt me more, so it's a possibility. I don't think I've seen any yet though.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

I saw all of wave 1 basics (G1ish Starscream, movie Drift and Bumblebee) and it turns out Optimus, Megs, and Bulkhead are deluxes that are more money because they have a few more parts, and I do seem to mean "few". This line really does remind me of Action Masters the more I see it.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

I could see some of these being fun with some of the hero mashes that look like robots, like Iron man and Dr. Doom
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Almighty Unicron wrote:I could see some of these being fun with some of the hero mashes that look like robots, like Iron man and Dr. Doom
That is a hell of an idea.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

JediTricks wrote:I saw all of wave 1 basics (G1ish Starscream, movie Drift and Bumblebee) and it turns out Optimus, Megs, and Bulkhead are deluxes that are more money because they have a few more parts, and I do seem to mean "few". This line really does remind me of Action Masters the more I see it.
I saw some of these at my local TRU store today. They were a lot bigger & heavier than I thought they would be. Thought this is one of Hasbro better newer ideas. I won't be buying any of these as I don't buy side line TF toys.

Yeah,I also think these are action masters done right.

The Starscream and Megatron,I thought looked the best. I really like their head sculpts. I was thinking about popping the heads off and using them on other TF toys. Sadly the ball joint on the neck & the hole under the head is way too oversized to fit on any TF toys in that size level.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I went looking for these at Wal-Mart and Target this week, but no luck. Nothing in my area yet.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Try Toys R Us, that's the only place I've seen them.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.