TF/Joe cross-over book announced

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: TF/Joe cross-over book announced

Post by JediTricks »

Dominic wrote:You called it out for highlighting how shitty the brands are. You called the art out for sucking. And, now you are praising it.
I'm not praising it, I'm just pointing out that it's not the complete disaster it is being painted as. And I didn't claim anywhere that it is highlighting the shittiness of either brand, that's you.

Dominic wrote:
JediTricks wrote:5 preview pages of FCBD issue

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ew-179279/

Oh, what an epic shame. This is not only intentional fan art, which is to say, intentionally '80s-awful, but it's also repugnant writing. It is the definition of wrong-headedness, how IDW agreed to publish this train wreck is discomforting, and how these panels are supposed to entice readers to jump onto this line is beyond me. I know IDW made hay out of the retro-comic thing with ReG1, but that's a totally different ball of wax. This is just wrong on so many sides.

If this is just a gag, then they have lost the battle by not informing their audience as such, since knowing is half the battle.
The first of more than one post by you along these lines.
Nowhere there did I say they were painting the brands as shitty.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Your early posts in this thread are you shitting on this book and calling the book out for painting the brands as being junk.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Went to the comic shop yesterday. I traded these for the latest issue of RID and the latest issue of MOTU. So I am officially out of this.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

It has officially dropped off my pull-file this week. I did not even have to bother putting issue 3 back. :)

Of course, DC dropped 3 or 4 books on me this week. Gotta get to those soonishly.