Cross-overs toy lines should be less specific & more TF

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Cross-overs toy lines should be less specific & more TF

Post by Tigermegatron »

Cross-overs toy lines should be less specific & more TF themed.

Examples,The Starwars or Marvel cross-overs TF toy line should of had Star wars or Marvel vehicles that Transformed into iconic TF character themed robot modes. Not transform into marvel or SW character themed robot modes. DOES ANYONE AGREE OR DISAGREE WITH THIS?

I'd love to see Hasbro create new molds or repaint existing TF toys into some other companies existing iconic characters. Ofcause liscense permission would be needed. Examples below:
1- Recolor 1998 TM2 Tigerhawk in Battle cat's toy colors from the he-man toy line. Maybe create a newer voyager or 8 inch ultra Battle cat mold but the toy transform into a iconic themed Transformers persona sculpt like tigertron,tm2 tigertron,1988 Catilla or? Create
1a- He-man cross-overs animals/vehicles that transform into iconic transformers themed persona robot modes,examples: King Grayskull's Battle Lion transform into a iconic Optimus Prime themed robot mode http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail . Give the He-man "Sorceress" character a bird mode that transforms into a Iconic transformers elita-1 or Arcee robot mode. Castle Grayskull transform into a Transformers iconic themed Fortress maximus robot mode. Skeletors iconic cat Panthor that transforms into the iconic Transformers themed persona G-1 Megatron or G-1 Galvatron robot mode. http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/col ... r_full.jpg

2- Recolor reissue G-1 Predaking in Voltron cats toy colors. or create brand new cross-vers voltron molds,have the cats look like the voltron cats,with the individual robot modes looking like the 1986 predacons robot modes,some BW character robot modes,some G-1 animal robot modes.

3- do a star trek themed cross overs TF toy line,where the iconic star trek ships transform into iconic transformers charater themed robot modes. the classics enterprize transforms into optimus prime. the next generation enterprize transforms into rodimus prime. the classics klingon ship transforms into Megatron. the classics roumlan ships transform into starscream & his seekers. the next generation klingon ship tramsforms into galvatron the next generation romulan & vulcan ships transform into Cyclonus & scourge. the DS9 Space station transforms into fort max. The borg cube transforms into Unicron. the shuttles transform into bumblebee,ironhide,etc... the various star trek laser guns/riffles transform into shockwave,megatron. the communicators transform into soundwave & blaster

4- G-I Joes cross-overs TF toys. that can be both repaints & new molds. Repaint classics 2.0 Powerglide in cobra dark blue+black colors,then retool the head with a cobra style helmet or trooper head sculpt. Create newer G.I Joe cross-over TF toys that use iconic joes/cobra vehicles but transform into iconic transformers persona character themed robot modes

5- Marvel/DC cross-overs TF toys. That have iconic marvel/DC vehicles transform into iconic themed Transformers persona robot modes. Examples the Marvel shield huge helicarrier Transform into a Armada Tidalwave robot mode. The Batmobile transforming into Optimus Prime.

6- Star wars-TF cross-overs Iconic SW vehicles/weapons that transform into iconic transformers themed persona robot modes. examples: a huge star wars riffle gun that transforms into a 1984 Megatron styled robot mode. Have a few bad guys jets/ships transform into starscream & his seekers.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: Cross-overs toy lines should be less specific & more TF

Post by Onslaught Six »

This doesn't solve my problems with these toylines at all, though. I want a Tie Fighter guy who's his own character, not Darth Vader or Starscream.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Onslaught Six wrote:This doesn't solve my problems with these toylines at all, though. I want a Tie Fighter guy who's his own character, not Darth Vader or Starscream.
Kind of like my idea for an Enterprise D where the Saucer section turns into an Autobot named Impulse and the drive section turns into one called Warpcore and they merge into a larger Autobot named Stardrive.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

I think it'd be interesting to have Transformers characters as the crossovers vehicles... I've never been a fan of the idea of them as robotic versions of the pilots. But on the other hand, I can't really see someone like Starscream as a TIE Fighter. So like O6 said, I'd kinda like to see them as new characters.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Death Star vs. Unicron.