TFCC Subscription Service 2.0

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Re: TFCC Subscription Service 2.0

Post by BWprowl »

Tigermegatron wrote:My 2 cents: No thanks,I am not willing to spend quadruple nor quintuple prices for glorified repaints that are so EXTREME-Obsecure that most are not even on my top 100 TF new mold homage toys wish list.
Hold the phone: How the poop is Rewind 'EXTREME-Obscure'? He's one of Blaster's main tapes! He was in a scene in the '86 movie. He has (well, had) a starring role in a popular new comic people won't shut up about.

I do find it funny that the RTS Frenzy/Rumble mold seems pretty much doomed to be difficult-to-obtain for people outside of Japan.

Anyway, I was 'cited as hell for Treadshot and Barricade, but as tolerant as I am of MTMTE, I ain't exactly chomping at the bit for toys from it, so Chromedome and Rewind really do nothing for me. Ironfist *could* be cool, but their choice of mold isn't a great fit (too tall) and those colors they've gone with on him are way too drab, hardly say 'Nick Roche' to me at all.

I dunno, guess we'll see who the last reveal is...
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I supose the main question needs to get asked. "Are you willing to pay the TFCC's insane quintuple+ prices for these repaints"?
I guess I'll have to, won't I?

My collection is rapidly becoming less about "get everything that's out," and more "get things I actually give a shit about."

Besides, I've been selling a huge load of my collection lately. I wish I hadn't used the money to do things like eat and pay my rent, but.

[qute="TFCC"] Doing a Voyager sized figure this year presented some challenges across the board so we decided to go down in size for that figure. As we were discussing character/mold choices we started thinking about basing the TFSS 2.0 a little more on the G.I. Joe version, which would mean including an "incentive" figure. Once we figured out the final line-up for the TFSS 2.0 we pretty much knew who the incentive figure would be. I hope people really dig a lll 6 figures and sign up for the full subscription because the bonus incentive 7th figure goes perfectly with another figure in the set! [/quote]

Calling it now: It's Eject.
Prowl wrote:Anyway, I was 'cited as hell for Treadshot and Barricade, but as tolerant as I am of MTMTE, I ain't exactly chomping at the bit for toys from it, so Chromedome and Rewind really do nothing for me. Ironfist *could* be cool, but their choice of mold isn't a great fit (too tall) and those colors they've gone with on him are way too drab, hardly say 'Nick Roche' to me at all.

I dunno, guess we'll see who the last reveal is...
Wanna split a sub?
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Onslaught Six wrote:Calling it now: It's Eject.
I'll go along with that guess.
Wanna split a sub?
Mebbe. So far I mainly really want Treadshot and Barricade, and it sounds like you want Eject and Ironfist (and likely Chromedome?). We can see who the sixth figure is, and if the Incentive figure does end up being Eject, I wouldn't mind taking that one if you don't want it. Otherwise it sounds like our desires are split nicely so far, so it would be a good idea.

What's the deadline to sign up for the Club to be able to sign up for this thing?
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

BWprowl wrote: and if the Incentive figure does end up being Eject
The 2014 Incentive figure was announced months ago at Botcon 2013,it's going to be Rampage.
http://www.transformersclub.com/rampage14.cfm
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Tigermegatron wrote:
The 2014 Incentive figure was announced months ago at Botcon 2013,it's going to be Rampage.
The incentive figure for the Subscription Service, not the incentive figure for the Club itself. They're two different things. Rampage doesn't even go with anyone from the Subscription set (He's meant to go with the pre-mutated Transmutate they'll be selling and writing tons of horrible fanfiction about in the Club stories that year).
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

BWprowl wrote:
Tigermegatron wrote:
The incentive figure for the Subscription Service, not the incentive figure for the Club itself. They're two different things. Rampage doesn't even go with anyone from the Subscription set (He's meant to go with the pre-mutated Transmutate they'll be selling and writing tons of horrible fanfiction about in the Club stories that year).
Their is no incentive figure for the TSS 2.0 nor TSS 1.0

The incentive freebie club figure for 2013 was Depthcharge. This figure is available to club members & subscription members. TFCC forces subscription set buyers into $40 year membership whether they want it or not.

It's worth a serious mention,the so-called incentive figure is not free like Funpub claims it is. Members are paying $40 to get the incentive/freebie figure. as all the $40 membership clubs dues gets you is a 9 page magazine mailed to you 6 times a year & granted access to a forum.

The only reason TFCC is including a "BONUS" mystery 7th figure in the TSS 2.0 set,Is Because their is no voyager & one of the 6 figures is a basic sized toy.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Last year the TSS 1.0 set of 6 figures cost $285+$40 in forced year club dues equalled $325.
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/vi ... hp?t=88817

Divide $285 into 6 figures & each figure cost around $50 after taxes. 1.0 offers 5 deluxes & one voyager. so $50 for each deluxe is about Quadruple USA Retail prices. $50 for a Voyager Ultra Mammoth is on the borderline of paying over double but under tripple prices.

This year,it was rumored that the TSS 2.0 price went up so it's no longer $285. that TFCC site is CLEVER they hide all the prices for convention,TSS & Club prices,only club members can log in & view these prices.----> Fun pub most likely did this because they fear the backlash/negative publicity on all the TF forums from non-club members.

For the sake of argument lets just say the TSS 2.0 set of 6 figures with the bonus 7th mystery figure set cost around $295 for everything. so 6 figures divided by $295 equals about $53 for each figure after taxes. 5 out of the 6 are deluxes,so it cost $53 for each deluxe,this is well over the Quadruple retail price for a USA deluxe. one of the 6 figures is a basic & is being sold for $53,this equals septuple USA retail prices.

most on-line TF fans are speculating that the 7th mystery figure will be either a basic,legend or minicon sized toy. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that 2 basics (Rewind+mystery basic figure) sized TF toys equal one deluxe sized toy--->so in essense 7 TSS 2.0 toys really equal 6 deluxe sized toys.

HONESTLY the TSS 1.0 set was a much better deal than the TSS 2.0 set. Due to the Voyager Ultra Mammoth essentially being the equivelant of 2 deluxe sized toys. in essence the 1.0 set has 5 deluxes+2 deluxes that equal one voyager equals 7 deluxes. While the TSS 2.0 set will most likely have 5 deluxes+2 basics (Rewind+mystery basic figure) that equal one deluxe,equals 6 deluxes
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

The only reason TFCC is including a "BONUS" mystery 7th figure in the TSS 2.0 set,Is Because their is no voyager & one of the 6 figures is a basic sized toy.
Not necessarily true, and TFCC is referring to it as an "incentive" figure. The "incentive" is to buy the entire subscription to get the 7th figure, because this is the ONLY way to get it. They WON'T be selling it in the store. They did it with both GI Joe subs (last year's and next year's); the first sub had Blackout, a Spytroops-era characer, and he was only available by buying the whole sub, not the individuals, and there were no others made.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

TFCC has revealed toy pics of their 6th TSS 2.0 Figure. it's Thrustinator,Seems to be a Waspinator+Thrust fusion/whatever type toy. http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ges/28349/

My 2 cents: While creative,the toy just doesn't make any sense as far as homages go. at best it's a fan-service toy that a bunch of fans or owners/staff came up with the idea for.

Over-all while I disliked the TSS 1.0 toys,I think the TSS 2.0 toys are vastly INFERIOR to the 1.0 toys in every way like character choices,color schemes & molds used.

LAST COMMENT: It seems like TFCC shoots themselves in the foot by having so many figures released at the conventions & thru the clubs. I'd prefer 2 convention & 2 club toys per year that are voyager,ultra or leader sized verses getting 12 deluxe convention toys or 6 deluxe club toys.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Okay, Dirgegun mould in the US, albeit with dumb homage colours? That's neat.