TFCC Subscription Service 2.0

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: TFCC Subscription Service 2.0

Post by JediTricks »

Annoyed that the Rewind figure AND that mold aren't getting a mainline release. That really chaps my ass. And then Fisitron/Ironfish (yeah, I typed that wrong and then kept it) on top of that, and Barricade, and Chromedome, all figures I would have bought at retail and now saddled with this subscription service which is dependent on A) repaints; and B) refusing to justify its high cost. And I don't even know what to make of that Thrustinator idea.

I guess it bothers me most that the club simply refuses to address the "why" of these things costs at all, they just assume we can understand or will suck dick on the street to get 'em if we don't. Discuss it with us, break it down, I'm willing to listen, that rundown is something I'd love to have gotten at retail but you could have tempted me here despite my lower focus with some level of justification.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

JediTricks wrote: I guess it bothers me most that the club simply refuses to address the "why" of these things costs at all, they just assume we can understand or will suck dick on the street to get 'em if we don't. Discuss it with us, break it down, I'm willing to listen, that rundown is something I'd love to have gotten at retail but you could have tempted me here despite my lower focus with some level of justification.
Agreed on all accounts. 3H When they Owned/Ran the Botcon Convention,they barely charged Double prices for the convention exclusives.

Fun pub is literally charging Quadruple/Quintuple/Sextuple prices for these Botcon convention,TSS & Club exclusives.

What I dis-like most about Fub Pub is all the weird rules,restrictions,penalities,punishments that get cleverly put into place to milk fans for as much cash as possible. Examples:

Most of these exclusives are not what the majority want. all these exclusives are comming from a elite group of TF fans wish list who are either the staff,elite ranked fans that gained rank in the club/forums.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Speak for you're--MTMTE is arguably the most popular TF comic in Ages, and it stars a lot of characters who don't get exposure in most other TF media. You're not about to see Rewind and Pipes on Prime.

Anyway, despite being a Prime mould, Chromedome looks pretty good, and he's in my want pile.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

TFCC updates with official TSS 2.0 Chromedome toy pics http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ome/28403/

My 2 cent's,This figure isn't spectacular enough to merit the Quadruple deluxe USA retail store prices.

Sadly the TFCC toys falls into 2 scenarios below:

1- Using awesome TF sculpted molds but applying ugly color schemes on them,obsecure-obsecure characters that hardly the majority cares about.

2- Using ugly sculpted TF toys & applying better color schemes on them,with persona's the fandom wants.

the 7th TSS 2.0 toy is probably going to be either a arms micron or a commander sized toy.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Seriously wrong choice for Chromedome.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I disagree! The swords, maybe, but Wheeljack is one of the few Prime moulds that looks like it'd fit in well enough, and MTMTE's got that whole "spindly and curvy" aesthetic. It works! Or maybe I'm alone and trying to justify a purchase. Either or.

Prowl, you in? C'mon! I'm moving so I won't have to pay rent! I'll actually have money!
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Onslaught Six wrote:I disagree! The swords, maybe, but Wheeljack is one of the few Prime moulds that looks like it'd fit in well enough, and MTMTE's got that whole "spindly and curvy" aesthetic. It works! Or maybe I'm alone and trying to justify a purchase. Either or.

Prowl, you in? C'mon! I'm moving so I won't have to pay rent! I'll actually have money!
Ah, here I am.

For the record, I'm in the "Chromedome looks like asspuke" camp, but that'll just make it easier for me to let you have him if we decide to go through with this. So, so far you want Ironfist, Rewind, and Chromedome, and I want Treadshot and Barricade. I'll take Thrustinator if you don't want him (hey, I don't yet own that mold at least-ye gods that's a flimsy justification for getting an exclusive!), and we can fight over the bonus figure (75/25 over/under that it's Eject) once it's revealed. Looks like the signups for this thing start...this month? Guess I'll need to fork over $40 bucks or whatever to join the club itself too, though we can work that into the overall cost of the thing and split it between us accordingly, I guess.

This should probably be in the trading forum, honestly. Or PMs.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

BWprowl wrote: Guess I'll need to fork over $40 bucks or whatever to join the club itself too, though we can work that into the overall cost of the thing and split it between us accordingly, I guess.
The $40 to join the club,will get you a freebie/incentive 2014 figure called Rampage,6 issues of the club magazine & permission to post on the TFCC forum----> You can just keep all of this stuff & not factor the $40 club dues into the 50/50 split TSS 2.0 figures that you & 06 might pay for.