I'm glad the Alternators secondary scalper market collapsed

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

I'm glad the Alternators secondary scalper market collapsed

Post by Tigermegatron »

I'm glad the Alternators secondary market collapsed & the toys are barely worth retail vaule. it makes these toys easier to get for fans on a budget.

Classics/generations/RTS & The smaller scale MP TF Cars-bots played a large role in why the Alterators are barely worth retail prices on the secondary market these days.

Either way,This is good news for buyers & bad news for sellers.
andersonh1

Re: I'm glad the Alternators secondary scalper market collap

Post by andersonh1 »

I haven't looked at Alternators prices in some time, but I still lack three of them to complete the line: Wheeljack, Swerve and Rodimus. I know Swerve used to always be upwards of $70 or more when I would take a look on Ebay, though that's been a few years ago. So if demand has dropped and asking prices have gone down as well, maybe I'll have to try to finally complete my Alternators collection.

Always wanted an E-hobby Sunstorm too, but those were north of $100 every time I used to check. I wonder if the demand for that figure has dropped to something more reasonable these days?
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

I dunno, taking a quick look at ebay... The majority of Alternators figures I'm seeing are listed around $30-50, which is still above the original retail price. Although it is good to see those prices are so much lower than what scalpers were asking for them a few years ago when they were first being released.
andershonh1 wrote:but I still lack three of them to complete the line: Wheeljack, Swerve and Rodimus.
The ones I'm missing are the Jaguar version of Ravage, Rumble (never saw them in stores), Optimus (which I skipped because of MP Optimus) and Rodimus.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

andersonh1 wrote:I haven't looked at Alternators prices in some time, but I still lack three of them to complete the line: Wheeljack, Swerve and Rodimus.
You should be able to buy these 3 on ebay right now in MISB for retail prices.

The majority/90% of the Alternators auctions on ebay in MISB are barely selling for retail prices right now,These are the auctions that are actually getting the bids on them.

Sure their will always be those insane high listing prices on ebay,Their are a few/10% insanely priced Alternators auctions on ebay right now,But these are getting no bids.

most of the "buy it now's" & extremely high listing prices on Ebay for MISB alternators DON'T GET ANY BIDS NOR ANYONE clicking on the buy it now's.
Last edited by Tigermegatron on Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:The majority/90% of the Alternators auctions on ebay in MISB are barely selling for retail prices right now,These are the auctions that are actually getting the bids on them.
I think you're greatly exaggerating. There are certainly a few auctions below the retail price, but the majority? That's not what I'm seeing on ebay at all. The majority I'm seeing are around $40.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Are those auctions or buy it now? Cause people can ask whatever they want, but auctions tend to show what they actually go for.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

From what I'm seeing, I'd say the prices are fairly mixed between the two options. Just taking a search for Tracks for an example, I see there's a buy it now MISB for $25, and there's one that's loose for auction that's up to $34.17... So make of that what you will. But the majority of prices I've been seeing are closer to $40 for MISB figures.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Sparky Prime wrote:The ones I'm missing are the Jaguar version of Ravage, Rumble (never saw them in stores), Optimus (which I skipped because of MP Optimus) and Rodimus.
I saw Jaguar Ravage and Rumble in one store each, and luckily I had a little extra each time and was able to get them when I saw them. Otherwise I'd have been out of luck too, because I never saw either on store shelves again. The same was true of Optimus Prime... I found one, only one time, and never saw the figure again. Later Alternator waves seem to have been fairly scarce in my area.

I had to order Alt Nemesis Prime from an online store in Australia!
Tigermegatron wrote:You should be able to buy these 3 on ebay right now in MISB for retail prices.
Cool, maybe I'll have to start watching prices again and see if I can get a good deal on them.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

andersonh1 wrote:Cool, maybe I'll have to start watching prices again and see if I can get a good deal on them.
I'm selling mine; you looking? I'll cut you a deal, I just want to get rid of the damn things. Check my thread in the BST. (I'll even throw in the Windcharger I still owe you!)
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Onslaught Six wrote:
andersonh1 wrote:Cool, maybe I'll have to start watching prices again and see if I can get a good deal on them.
I'm selling mine; you looking? I'll cut you a deal, I just want to get rid of the damn things. Check my thread in the BST. (I'll even throw in the Windcharger I still owe you!)
I've got the four Alternators that I saw listed in your sales thread, so I'm good on those. If you come across Swerve, Rodimus or Wheeljack, I think those are the only three I'm missing to complete the line. However, I would like to see Windcharger show up in my mailbox at some point. Been waiting awhile on that guy. :)