I'm glad the Alternators secondary scalper market collapsed

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: I'm glad the Alternators secondary scalper market collap

Post by JediTricks »

I was seeing Rodimus at Botcon and SDCC for $25 to $30, which is to say, next to nothing. I was tempted but ultimately passed - can't even tell ya why for sure. But some pieces are flooded.

To be honest, when I look at my Alternators shelves sometimes I feel like I'm looking at a shelf of boring, fragile relics rather than exciting Transformers, so I'm not surprised the market has cooled on them.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

JediTricks wrote:I was seeing Rodimus at Botcon and SDCC for $25 to $30, which is to say, next to nothing. I was tempted but ultimately passed - can't even tell ya why for sure. But some pieces are flooded.

To be honest, when I look at my Alternators shelves sometimes I feel like I'm looking at a shelf of boring, fragile relics rather than exciting Transformers, so I'm not surprised the market has cooled on them.
I love Alternators. Yeah, they're a bit fragile, but that doesn't matter to me. I'm not likely to break them. I think the actual vehicle brands and models combined with classic characters really hits that Transformers ideal that I enjoy so much. Why I like them and have never really been into the Human Alliance figures is hard to say. Probably because I prefer G1-ish characters to the movie versions.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

andersonh1 wrote:
JediTricks wrote:I was seeing Rodimus at Botcon and SDCC for $25 to $30, which is to say, next to nothing. I was tempted but ultimately passed - can't even tell ya why for sure. But some pieces are flooded.

I love Alternators. Yeah, they're a bit fragile, but that doesn't matter to me. I'm not likely to break them. I think the actual vehicle brands and models combined with classic characters really hits that Transformers ideal that I enjoy so much. Why I like them and have never really been into the Human Alliance figures is hard to say. Probably because I prefer G1-ish characters to the movie versions.
The main problems I had with the $29.99 HA toys were they were all riddled with tons of QC problems in the Sculpt,Engineering & the joints. to the extent that the deluxe versions were superior toys compared to the HA versions.

I don't mind newer takes/designs/alt modes for the 1980's Characters as long as their good molds,decent sculpts & the newer alt modes make sense for the 1980's persona's. Example of a decent updated homage is: Movie-verse Ironhide.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

The deluxe figures make better toys, no doubt, while the Alternators are better for an older collector like me who enjoys the detail but isn't going to actually play with the things like a kid would.