Official box/figure pics of Hasbro MP TRU Soundwave.

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ack/27522/

I haven't a clue why Hasbro/TRU labeled this a MP-2. Was their ever a MP-1 written on the box & released by Hasbro in the USA?

My guess is the chinese/japanese words might have been a clever way for hasbro not to create different boxes for the china/over seas/hong kong/singapore region where they all distribute TF toys to. I suspose those asian/japanese words could have also been added for fans import nostalgia.

I'll be buying one of these toys,hopefully it's not too hard to get. hopefully TRU.com has a pre-order on their site,or a listing on their site. hopefully this is easy to find in TRU stores.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Re: Official box/figure pics of Hasbro MP TRU Soundwave.

Post by BWprowl »

Tigermegatron wrote:the chinese/japanese words
Please, PLEASE tell me you're aware that those are two different languages and can't be used interchangeably like that?

Anyway, it's very nice packaging, though with some odd inconsistencies, as you point out. The 'MP-02' is just baffling, particularly. I like the shade of purple, anyhow, and it's not like this thing is staying in the box at all. Really hoping I see them at my local TRU. May just order it off the interwebs instead.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

BWprowl wrote:
Please, PLEASE tell me you're aware that those are two different languages and can't be used interchangeably like that?

Anyway, it's very nice packaging, though with some odd inconsistencies, as you point out. The 'MP-02' is just baffling, particularly. I like the shade of purple, anyhow, and it's not like this thing is staying in the box at all. Really hoping I see them at my local TRU. May just order it off the interwebs instead.
Well yes and no. Japanese frequently uses Chinese characters (Kanji) interspersed with the two native Japanese scripts, and since Chinese characters often encompass entire concepts rather than just sounds it could be said that both languages do utilize "Chinese words".
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:I haven't a clue why Hasbro/TRU labeled this a MP-2. Was their ever a MP-1 written on the box & released by Hasbro in the USA?
Yeah, it is odd they'd put "MP-02" on the box. This will be the 8th Masterpiece figure Hasbro has released and they've never labeled any of the previous figures as "MP-01".
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

BWprowl wrote:
Yes,I'm aware,Japanese & Chinese are two different languages with their own symbols used to describe words.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Tigermegatron wrote:
BWprowl wrote:
Yes,I'm aware,Japanese & Chinese are two different languages with their own symbols used to describe words.
Then why did you say that?