SDCC exclusives

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Re: SDCC exclusives

Post by Tigermegatron »

So Hasbro isn't selling any actual Transformers that can transform back & forth from robot to vehicle/animal modes at SDCC 2013?

What ever happened to that rumored partial chrome 30th titan Metroplex with the red burgandy parts that almost everyone on-line assumed was going to be a SDCC 2013 Exclusive?

I guess on the bright side,since nothing appeals to me,I save money & a headache from trying to order these items on the HTS site.
Having that HTS site freeze up & not load has gotta be the worst feeling ever. ----> I'm still amazed how I lucked out last year & was able to order that SDCC 2012 Bruticus on the first day HTS put it on it's site.

I had loosely speculated that Platinum TFP Ultra magnus or Platinum grimlock VS Bruticus might be SDCC 2013 exclusives. My guesses are these are probably gonna be shared exclusives with amazon & BBTS. I suspose TRU is a contender to sell these as they sell exspensive big items. I just don't see these being sold at target nor walmart nor kmart. -----> I'm just hoping the Combaticons in this verse set are more G-1 toy colored accurate,Because I need a blastoff that is grey,I need a vortex that is dark chocolate brown,I need a onslaught that is blueish-green with gold/bronze painted on detailed stickers.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Dominic wrote:JT, am I wrong in thinking that there is going to be an exclusive SDCC Metroplex?
I honestly don't know. I heard the rumor that there would be something, but it wasn't posted in the current round of news. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist, but this close to the show it doesn't bode well. The fact that we haven't seen a true Transformers exclusive though, that suggests to me that we haven't seen everything yet, that they're holding it back. Perhaps they'll simply do a non-exclusive first-sale on Metroplex the way they did with the Big Millennium Falcon a few years ago.
I cannot bring myself to be excited about Jetfire or Prowl (as much as I like both of them in concept). Between the price of (and the space needed for) the whole set, I would have a hard time justifying they whole set even if I were not trying to save money.
"Jetfire or HOUND"? Anyway, I really like the Sky Striker as Jetfire, way more than when it stood in for Starscream. But Hound is not exciting to me either, and the price of 2 vehicles, 3 figures, a new Ravage companion, and a Blaster backpack accessory with 3 new tapes, that's gonna be expensive and I doubt I'll go in for it either.
Bludgeon and Baroness though..... If those were not likely to appreciate the most, I would be all over them on the secondary market.
This set almost screams to be parted out on secondary market, it may as well be signed "to ebay, with love".

BWp wrote:This seems to be a minor theme of this set. The Snake Eyes is apparently based on a Snake Eyes deco that was planned, but canceled, while the Baroness/Ravage pairing is based on a planned statue (based on one of the Devil's Due crossovers, apparently) that was also canceled. Kind of a nifty unifying theme, honestly.
The statue was based on a DDP Baroness/Ravage panel. http://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:BaronessRav ... lsDue1.jpg I actually thought it was based on a cover. If Hasbro were to make homages to canceled product in this line, they'd have enough to last them 2 lifetimes.
Man, I don't even *care* about the Baroness and I think that figure looks great. Sadly, the closer look I get at Ravage, the more statue-esque it appears he's going to be. Anyway, word on the street is that this set's going to be a hundred bucks, which isn't bad at all. I might camp HTS to see if I can get one.
Shockwave/HISS was $75 I think, and had 2 figures and 1 vehicle. If this comes in under $120, I'd be stunned.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

I would have preferred Hasbro did a bunch of previous existing TF toys that transformed from robot to alt modes for SDCC 2013 that were recolored into G.I Joe/cobra's Rah vechicles colors. Example: 1- Classics 2.0 Ultra sized Powerglide in those Cobra dark blue colors maybe with a retooled newer head mold that matches a RAH Cobra troppers blue cloth with the red face mask or even a cobra commander blue helmet with a silver face plate would be epic.

I'm hoping Hasbro doesn't sell any TRU USA MP TF store exclusives at SDCC 2013. Because doing this makes it harder to find Those MP TF toys at TRU stores/site. Due to Hasbro literally selling hundreds/thousands of them at SDCC. MP TF Grimlock & MP TF Rodimus were harder to find at TRU stores/sites due to their being thousands less available thanks to them getting sold at SDCC. >----- I'm intested in buying Hasbro MP TF TRU Soundwave & i'd like to be able to find it in stores/site in decent volume. I just need one,but I don't want to deal with low volume selling out before I can buy it.

I remember Hasbro USA giving away thousands of MP TF TRU grimlocks & Rodimus's to Canadas TRU stores because they wanted to sell these items sooner than later. Which ofcause made it harder for USA fans to find these items at TRU USA stores/site. Hopefully the same scenario doesn't happen with Hasbro USA MP TF Soundwave.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Tigermegatron wrote:Personally I Feel Hasbro should help out the failing G.I Joe francise by doing a G.I Joe VS Transformers cartoon series on the hub accompanied by a toy line. Have 5 Autobot & 5 Joes against 5 decepticons with 5 cobras bad guys. have the transformers alt modes transform into iconic G.I Joes/Cobra's vehicles.
Somewhat frighteningly, I started thinking the same sort of thing when I saw this set. Made me think of how Mattel tried to get their Masters of the Universe Classics line afloat in stores by packing them with DC Universe Classics for those TRU-exclusive sets. I do wonder why Hasbro hasn't tried packing Joes with TFs in an effort to get them to move at retail.
JayTee wrote:Anyway, I really like the Sky Striker as Jetfire, way more than when it stood in for Starscream.
I know, right? I normally don't go in for just vehicle toys, and I'm not super-huge on Jetfire or anything, but it just looks *so good* that I can't help myself.
Shockwave/HISS was $75 I think, and had 2 figures and 1 vehicle. If this comes in under $120, I'd be stunned.
If it comes in under that price, I'm definitely in for it. Do we know anyone going to SDCC (...you?) who might be able to snag some for others?
back to TigerMegatron wrote:I would have preferred Hasbro did a bunch of previous existing TF toys that transformed from robot to alt modes for SDCC 2013 that were recolored into G.I Joe/cobra's Rah vechicles colors. Example: 1- Classics 2.0 Ultra sized Powerglide in those Cobra dark blue colors maybe with a retooled newer head mold that matches a RAH Cobra troppers blue cloth with the red face mask or even a cobra commander blue helmet with a silver face plate would be epic.
As neat as Powerglide done up as a Rattler would be, I think one point of these sets is to have TFs-as-vehicles that the actual Joe figures can ride around in, and unfortunately there aren't really any transforming TFs with usable cockpits that are large enough to accomodate Joe figures. I admit that what we're getting seems more like "GI Joes with TF-themed accessories", but it's so damn cool that I can't resist anyway.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

This seems to be a minor theme of this set. The Snake Eyes is apparently based on a Snake Eyes deco that was planned, but canceled, while the Baroness/Ravage pairing is based on a planned statue (based on one of the Devil's Due crossovers, apparently) that was also canceled. Kind of a nifty unifying theme, honestly.
I actually didn't know that about SE. The worst part is, he tempts me, too, and I already have like a bajillion Snake Eyeses.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Onslaught Six wrote:
This seems to be a minor theme of this set. The Snake Eyes is apparently based on a Snake Eyes deco that was planned, but canceled, while the Baroness/Ravage pairing is based on a planned statue (based on one of the Devil's Due crossovers, apparently) that was also canceled. Kind of a nifty unifying theme, honestly.
I actually didn't know that about SE. The worst part is, he tempts me, too, and I already have like a bajillion Snake Eyeses.
But dude, it's Snake Eyes, WITH NEW GREEN PANTS!!

Seriously though, if I do get the set, that's one part of it I would have no problem selling off to you, if you want.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Tigermegatron wrote:I'm hoping Hasbro doesn't sell any TRU USA MP TF store exclusives at SDCC 2013. Because doing this makes it harder to find Those MP TF toys at TRU stores/site. Due to Hasbro literally selling hundreds/thousands of them at SDCC. MP TF Grimlock & MP TF Rodimus were harder to find at TRU stores/sites due to their being thousands less available thanks to them getting sold at SDCC. >----- I'm intested in buying Hasbro MP TF TRU Soundwave & i'd like to be able to find it in stores/site in decent volume. I just need one,but I don't want to deal with low volume selling out before I can buy it.
This doesn't really jive. If they send out that much less volume, that's only because there's that many fewer buyers since they were satiated at SDCC. Also, these are all done in multiple waves of manufacturing, so TRU can order more or less to adjust for in-store demand.
I remember Hasbro USA giving away thousands of MP TF TRU grimlocks & Rodimus's to Canadas TRU stores because they wanted to sell these items sooner than later. Which ofcause made it harder for USA fans to find these items at TRU USA stores/site. Hopefully the same scenario doesn't happen with Hasbro USA MP TF Soundwave.
Where did you get this info? It doesn't sound accurate, especially since Canadian packaging is generally different from US.

BWP wrote:I know, right? I normally don't go in for just vehicle toys, and I'm not super-huge on Jetfire or anything, but it just looks *so good* that I can't help myself.
It does hit a lot of fan interest at once, it's Jetfire, it's a Sky Striker, and it's a Macross/Robotech Veritech.
If it comes in under that price, I'm definitely in for it. Do we know anyone going to SDCC (...you?) who might be able to snag some for others?
I am going, but I don't think I'm going to bother trying to get anything from Hasbro Toy Shop's miserable bastard of a line this year, and if I did they put limits on everything, usually 2 per for items like this.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

JediTricks wrote:I am going, but I don't think I'm going to bother trying to get anything from Hasbro Toy Shop's miserable bastard of a line this year, and if I did they put limits on everything, usually 2 per for items like this.
No sweat, I know the lines for exclusives at this thing can be a bitch and a half, so I wasn't going to beg you to do it if you knew you didn't want to. I'll just see if I can snipe it from HTS when it goes up.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

A mass retail TF/Joe crossover line might be the best way to give Joe a shot in the arm.

Scaling Joe figures down to ~2 inches (similar to the "Human Alliance toys in scale, but ideally with better articulation) and packaging those figures with transforming vehicles based on existing and new TF characters would be workable.

There is no solid reason that Hasbo could not do this.

But, I doubt that Hasbro would do it. Given Hasbro's current efforts with TF, that might be for the best.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Dominic wrote:A mass retail TF/Joe crossover line might be the best way to give Joe a shot in the arm.

Scaling Joe figures down to ~2 inches (similar to the "Human Alliance toys in scale, but ideally with better articulation) and packaging those figures with transforming vehicles based on existing and new TF characters would be workable.

There is no solid reason that Hasbo could not do this.

But, I doubt that Hasbro would do it. Given Hasbro's current efforts with TF, that might be for the best.
I think the G.I Joes villians personas would ruin a live action TF VS G.I Joe theatre movie. Due to the way the G.I Joe villians personas are which are either over the top crazies/loonies or over the top ethnic Caricatures or extreme incompetent mad scientist,or barely 1-d persona type 1980's loser villians or Extreme OCD brutes/fighters.

the G.I Joes & Cobras vehicles are mainly military,So this would hurt the movie Autobots cross-overs TF VS G.I Joe toys but greatly benefit the movie Decepticons cross-overs TF VS G.I Joe toys. The movie-verse has already set/highered the bar by having the autobots transforming into realistic liscensed cars. To have the movie autobots transform into those G.I Joe vehicles would lower the bar.

Ofcause Hasbro would further ruin this TF VS G.I Joe cross-overs movie by having Snake eyes & stormshadow's origins/fights/rivals steal a great chunck of this movie's scenes/minutes/plot.