DairyCon is this weekend.

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

DairyCon is this weekend.

Post by Dominic »

Yup. There is an unsanctioned TF con in Wisconsin. Wacky stuff. A buddy of mine is there. Expect thoughts on the ("third party") exclusives soon.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Re: DairyCon is this weekend.

Post by Dominic »

Lewis saw a packaged Doom Cycle yesterday. The Doom Cycle is notable for being one of the few toys that is more sought after out of package than in, as keeping the toy boxed creates a fire hazard. (The plastic that mattel used is known to break down over time. Keepit the toy in the box creates a combustible gas pocket.)

Dom
-pretty sure that Lewis did not buy it.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

If you notice, Mattel's current packaging schemes all have a ton of vents at the bottom for just this reason. Their factories use chemicals in the packaging that Hasbro doesn't and I guess Mattel is finally getting wise to the problem after 30 years.

The Doom Cycle though, that's a recent Hasbro piece, right? I'd not heard it was a danger.

I have seen images of previous DairyCons, it looks really fun and clever, the exclusives make me laugh.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Hasbro recently used the name on a Dreadnok motorcycle from the POC toyline. Apparently, the toy Dom means is a Secret Wars toy:
http://www.finalfrontiertoys.com/media/ ... 227950.JPG
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

I've never heard of a Dairycon before? what is it? do they sell & serve Dairy products like milk,cheese & yogurt to the Attendees?
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Onslaught Six wrote:Hasbro recently used the name on a Dreadnok motorcycle from the POC toyline. Apparently, the toy Dom means is a Secret Wars toy:
http://www.finalfrontiertoys.com/media/ ... 227950.JPG
Oh of course, how could I forget? Thanks for reminding me. It's been a long life. :p
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Dairycon is an unofficial convention that runs in Wisconsin.

Their exclusives and story are general parody of what Fun Publications does. There are some legitimately funny exclusives like "Mint in Package" (a piece of candy in a baggie) and Shrapnel (a baggie full of gound metal flaking. But, many of them are far too expensive to consider getting later unless you get them early and cheap.

Dairycon is mostly a dealer room/party. I would like to officiate a Jumpstarter race at some point.

Dom
-has been meaning to submit a few characters to Dairycon.