Fun Publications buy/skip rate

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: Fun Publications buy/skip rate

Post by Onslaught Six »

I actually missed that mould, but I always thought it looked neat. I really wanted Dark Fangwolf, but it was not to be. (Some day! He's only $80!)
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

I only own Two Botcon toys,Deathsaras & OTFCC/Botcon Ultra Sized Cyclonus.

I really want Botcon Alpha Trion,But I can't justify feeding the insanely high priced scalper market for this toy.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I got an Alpha Trion in '07, at the show itself.

About 2 years later, I traded that and a broken Unicron for an eHobby Magnificus and Gamede set. (Given that Trion was later re-designated as a "Shattered Glass" toy, I think it was a good move.)

Dom
-was more than happy to get rid of the broken Unicron and considers that a bonus to a fair trade.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I've been to two Botcons (2001 and 2002) and enjoyed both quite a bit, though I couldn't afford the convention toys either time. I did get four of the five combiner set from the collector's club, along with Side Burn (Classics Hot Rod repaint). Not sure if you're counting those or not.

The cost is prohibitive most of the time, at least for me. There are some figures I'd like to have, but I just can't justify spending what it would cost to own them.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I did not get more specific than "Fun Publications" for that reason. (Fun Publications would be the convention, club or subscription figures, more or less anything branded as "Timelines".)

And, yeah, cost is definitely an issue. The only year I bought a significant number of exclusives and did not have a high over-all skip-rate for the TF as a whole was 2010. (And, I am not going to pretend that I was making good and responsible decisions there.....)

Cost was a big factor in me skipping the 2009 Sweeps and a few figures from 2007.

Dom
-still kinda wants those '09 Sweeps.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Dominic wrote:I got an Alpha Trion in '07, at the show itself.

About 2 years later, I traded that and a broken Unicron for an eHobby Magnificus and Gamede set. (Given that Trion was later re-designated as a "Shattered Glass" toy, I think it was a good move.)

Dom
-was more than happy to get rid of the broken Unicron and considers that a bonus to a fair trade.
I didn't realize their was Two botcon or club toys released for Alpha Trion. The one that is always on my "out of reach" wish list is the Alpha Trion that uses the 2005 Cybertron Vector Prime voyager mold.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

They only ever made that one figure. (Fun Publications used the 2005 mould in 2007.)
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

There was, actually, that unreleased BM Snarl repaint as Alpha Trion, but that is, of course, unreleased.

I think Deathy is confused because you're implying they made two Alpha Trions, since he was "redesignated" as a Shattered Glass toy. (Honestly, I give two shits less what they write in the fanclub fiction.)
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.