Alternity Convoy--anyone buying this?

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Alternity Convoy--anyone buying this?

Post by Onslaught Six »

I'm not but that's because I generally don't buy import stuff, but on top of that it just doesn't interest me. The whole "LICENSED CAR!!" gimmick doesn't hold any enthusiasm for me most of the time because I think most new cars look like shit, and I really didn't like the Alts in general.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Decepticon Spike
Deluxe

Re: Alternity Convoy--anyone buying this?

Post by Decepticon Spike »

Is it the same as Alt. Prime/Kiss Players Convoy that was out a few years ago?
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Meh, I'd get the Kiss Players version, if anything. I find that Marissa figure adorabibble.

Ah, from a purely collector-based viewpoint, of course.

O6, got pics of this thing? I'm curious.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Nah, this is nothing to do with previous releases. It's a new mould, licensed Nissan GTR, roughly Deluxe with die-cast and automorph. Great in theory - combines the best parts of Binaltech with a much more fluid transformation design, and a smaller size for ease of display and so forth. Only it's the same price Binaltech was anyway, sigh.

Anyway, it looks surprisingly spiffy in colour: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... onvoy.html

There'll be the token Convoy flavoured version released simultaneously with the silver one, but given it looks nothing like Convoy 'anyway', I may be tempted by the silver. Hmm.
Decepticon Spike
Deluxe

Post by Decepticon Spike »

The head's kinda Primesh, but I'll wait till I see the mold in Prime colors before I decide.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Oh, that mold's so pretty...

I dunno, the price seems a little high, but being as it's the silvery one I'm interested in, that might be lower.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
CrossRook
Gestalt Combiner

Post by CrossRook »

I've already Pre-ordered it at BBTS. I was sad to see alternators die so to see a revival (of sorts) is great.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

I'm on the fence, I really want this one because I love the new GT-R and the fig looks great, but $50 for a deluxe-sized figure? That's a tough sell for me. Also, the lazy way the windshield and hood are used in bot mode bothers me. But if I find it for $40, there's every chance I'm buying it.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

JediTricks wrote:I'm on the fence, I really want this one because I love the new GT-R and the fig looks great, but $50 for a deluxe-sized figure? That's a tough sell for me. Also, the lazy way the windshield and hood are used in bot mode bothers me. But if I find it for $40, there's every chance I'm buying it.
Fifty...?

Yeah, I'm out.

The thing's still pretty though.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I'd be more tempted if it was in scale with Alternators. But yeah, it's pretty expensive for what we get.