2013 fan club comics

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

2013 fan club comics

Post by Dominic »

Apparently, the 2013 fan club comics are "Shattered Glass"/"Beast Wars".

From what I understand, the high concept is that some guys who were not on Earth somehow managed to survive "Invasion" and not only dimension hopped, but also travelled back in time to the pre-historic SG Earth. It is written by the usual suspects.

Ultra Magnus is rebuilt as Ultra Mammoth. The Magna Boss team and Grimlock get used in yet another bad comic.

Dom
-plans ro read Zab's or Lewis' copies.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Re: 2013 fan club comics

Post by BWprowl »

Wait, so Ultra Mammoth is actually Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus in a Beast Wars body? We are deep in the realm of message-board-RPG-level ideas here, that's silly.

Wouldn't the SG guys stomp all over the BW guys though? On account of being, y'know, way bigger than them?

It's a real pity the Magnaboss team never got recolored. Not even, like, single-packed versions in weird colors sold under the Universe banner at Big Lots or anything.

Given how he sees himself, an SG BW Megatron would be roughly the same character, he'd just murder less proto-humans.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

No, Ultra Mammoth is *Classics* Magnus. Magnus and some other guys, (apparently Grimlock's crew from "Games of Deception") somehow escape the DESTRUCTION OF THE UNIVERSE and end up in the past of the SG universe. (Yeah, this is even more bad fandom RPG type stuff.)
Given how he sees himself, an SG BW Megatron would be roughly the same character, he'd just murder less proto-humans.
Ah, wait. SG BW Megatron would be a loyal Predacon General who travelled back, (possibly being sent back), to protect early humanity.

Dom
-expecting this to be terrible.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Ah, I see, I had it backwards.

Still wondering about the whole size-difference thing. Especially if they want to have the inevitable showdown between Classics Grimlock and SGBW Grimlock.

So how much worse than 'The Ascending' are we expecting this to be, exactly?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I honestly think you'd be better off skipping this and going back to MTMTE.

Shockwave
-Just sayin'.
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Post by Mako Crab »

BWprowl wrote:Ah, I see, I had it backwards.
My hatred of The Ascending is well documented on these forums, but I would GLADLY read it a dozen times over than put up with this fan club comic BS. It's like, ONCE AGAIN, they must travel to prehistoric Earth to muck about in the BW continuity instead of, ya' know, doing anything interesting with the idea of characters that happen to have animal alt modes. They could set it in any time, any location, it could even be an alien planet with new lifeforms or whatever. But no. Just time travel back to Beast Wars AGAIN. Could they be any less original?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

ahahahahahaha

sob
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Mako Crab wrote:
BWprowl wrote:Ah, I see, I had it backwards.
My hatred of The Ascending is well documented on these forums, but I would GLADLY read it a dozen times over than put up with this fan club comic BS. It's like, ONCE AGAIN, they must travel to prehistoric Earth to muck about in the BW continuity instead of, ya' know, doing anything interesting with the idea of characters that happen to have animal alt modes. They could set it in any time, any location, it could even be an alien planet with new lifeforms or whatever. But no. Just time travel back to Beast Wars AGAIN. Could they be any less original?
I agree with absolutely everything in this post. Except the last question: Yes, yes they could be much less original.
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Post by Mako Crab »

Onslaught Six wrote:ahahahahahaha

sob
*pats 06 on the back*
There, there, it's okay.
Shockwave wrote: I agree with absolutely everything in this post. Except the last question: Yes, yes they could be much less original.
I shouldn't tempt them. Sad thing is, I bet they think they're being totally clever and original with it.